[ROM] StreakDroid GingerStreak 2.4 Beta

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest danielkaboom

having a problem with this i have correctly flashed the dsp1 and amss via fastboot but when i load the rom the flashing lights remain...the baseband reads 314-us...i know i flashed them correctly thats why i cant figure it out....btw i came from 360 to this

i dont know about the others,..but actually when i came from Stock ROM 360 to Fards ROM before, it gives me a lot of trouble,..but when i do it from Stock ROM 354, it gives me less trouble.

so yesterday i flashed back Stock ROM 354, flash amss and dsp1 from DjSteve, then install this ROM, theres nothing trouble at all, when i compare to my younger brother dell streak ( he used SD191), it seem almost the same (speed, multitasking, no lagg/freeze) except for the rendering graphic (GS24 ROCKS!!).

You say that your Dell Streak dies, we are ready to give you a new device.

How can I contact to transfer the new Streak? The condition is one thing - the development of new ROM's.

It is somehow funny that he could meen "the picture device making" by that phrase =)

I was having a lot of troubles with 1.9 and 2.3 streakdroid cause my phone has some memory issues, but Simple Streaks works normal. I haven't been testing this rom, but interested if those memory tweaks of this/2.3 rom can be undone to obtain phone's properly functioning?

Edited by crexa

Guest MySeLfPT

Great stuff. So far so good. Best rom ive seen so far.

thanks to all the devs.

People, its time to get your wallets out. Donate please because its only fair.

Btw, you guys should get a paypal account for the team. So everybody can donate only to 1 place. Then you split as you see fit. Request: 240dpi phone.apk that shows and works correctly.

Edited by MySeLfPT

Guest Azurren

@Virtu300

Almoss the same as me ;)

Add: Flash stock recovery -> install 360.pkg -> Allow it to boot once -> flash streakmod -> then continue with your steps

You say that your Dell Streak dies, we are ready to give you a new device.

How can I contact to transfer the new Streak? The condition is one thing - the development of new ROM's.

Try contacting him via twitter DM (Direct message)

:)

Guest Littledutch62

When I try and download amss and dsp1 goes to video and then won't play, so how do I download these files plz.

Thanx for this update can't adore to try on 2.3.3 by fards

Guest Coxeroni

When I try and download amss and dsp1 goes to video and then won't play, so how do I download these files plz.

Thanx for this update can't adore to try on 2.3.3 by fards

If you are already unsuccessful downloading it, I cannot imagine you will be able to successfully flashing it :P

Maybe use google and try to help yourself first.

For those having root issues, don't upgrade superuser. If you already have, uninstall it and reflash the ROM. Everything will still be there, and root will work again!

Battery seems ok so far. Similar to fards' beta2.

Feedback of this ROM.

Very Speedy rom on class10 cards both internal & external.

Internet access through radio is quicker than on fards streakdroid beta2.

Power usage is higher but i think this is probably because of the new amss file.

Takes a little while to initialise the radio and wireless(Going from white to green).

Nice one Steve & Fards another brilliant rom even though it is beta!!!!

Guest Vikram Mohan

Wishlist solved

Look on xda manii solved that with a flashable zip

Install talk 1.3 off the market.

Sent from my Dell Streak using Tapatalk

Thanks..didn't expect it to be up so quickly :)

Guest Lloydie

Thanks Steve and Fards for "Confidential Ginger", I tried to skinny it down,

I took out from app...ALL the stage widgets and left only Dell Stage and Home....also setup wizard, radiotime,quick office,nero dell sync, music....I use Power Amp, magic smoke wallpapers and live wallpapers...left in live wallpaper picker, took out latin IME,genie widget, camera...I use lg camera instead. and phone.apk.

From etc I took out flash.

I inserted phone.apk from SD v2.0...which works very well at 240dpi..., googlevoice, voicedialler and keyboard from SD v2.3

Using VM Heaptool set at 32, Memory Booster with a threshold of 20%, Dolphin HD + flash 11

Using the phone for hands free bluetoothe and Co Pilot sat nav, receiving email updates all on the go.

Had no problems...the occaisional lock up!

Questions:Home button does not return to home...is it down to something that I removed.

:What is Huan Ying Streak....can I lose it on my next skinny attempt?

:I completly removed the Dell Stage and replaced it with ADW which worked but lost some functionality, ant tips on making this thinner.

Guest Papi-jj
Battery Drain seems quite high. Keep that in mind Devs.

Try using autostarts it will help with the battery drain. Disable some of the apps that start after bootup.

Guest Azurren
Questions:Home button does not return to home...is it down to something that I removed.

Yup ;)

Also you mention occasional lockups.. I've only had one so far and I'm not convinced that it didn't have anything to do with the app I was using

Guest Mirrdhyn

Hello,

Thank you for this release.

I have a question :

I installed the AMSS and the DSP1 using fastboot command successfully.

Then, reboot my streak.

But, now, it doesn't want to pass the first Dell logo ...

When I tried to boot using the photo button or the double volume buttons, it doesn't want to pass as well...

Do you have some tips to unlock my phone ?

Thank you in advance for your help :)

Guest jitin sharma

Every thing fine here

Gr8 job sir steve and fards

The only issue I have is itt says su binary is outdated but when ever I try to udate it fails (but for me its liveable with until m able get root access) but still hoping for fix

one thing I found most exiting for me is the sound quality is much much better than froyoo

Guest jitin sharma

Every thing fine here

Gr8 job sir steve and fards

The only issue I have is itt says su binary is outdated but when ever I try to udate it fails (but for me its liveable with until m able get root access) but still hoping for fix

one thing I found most exiting for me is the sound quality is much much better than froyoo

Guest Azurren

Please please please if you are having any problems apart from the following:

• Battery Drain
  • Wifi re-connection / sleep issues
  • Android process force close at the start / after toggling flight mode
  • The odd crash / freeze / restart (Although I haven't really had any)

Recommended procedure:

1. Flash the Stock recovery for your version
  2. Flash the latest PKG
    360 - For retail
  3. Allow the device to boot once
  4. Flash StreakMod recovery
  5. Flash AMS and DSP1 from the OP
    Note: These are different from previous 2.3 builds
  6. Flash GingerStreak 2.4 beta
  7. Wipe Data / Cache
  8. Wipe Dalvik Cache
    Under advanced
  9. Perform a Dell Factory reset
    Option 1 in recovery BEFORE entering StreakMod
  10. Allow the device to boot

Guest mark2410

what baseband should this have? mine is showing GAUSB1A140514-EU and i cant get any data over the mobile network and it wont let me acces the ANP settings, it tells me "preloadnetworksettings is still loading"

i really dont want t ahve to wipe and start from the begining again

Guest Azurren

what baseband should this have? mine is showing GAUSB1A140514-EU and i cant get any data over the mobile network and it wont let me acces the ANP settings, it tells me "preloadnetworksettings is still loading"

i really dont want t ahve to wipe and start from the begining again

Not the same as mine.. Did you flash the AMS and DSP1?

Guest scruffdog1978

Still cant get the flasing lights to stop on this I have correctly done everything coming from 360 the amss and dsp1 files oth flash successfully i dont get it