[ROM] StreakDroid GingerStreak 2.4 Beta

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest alert_bri

Charlie, which governor are you using? I tried smartassv2 but found it to be unstable on 2.4.1 I think.

'on demand' is working well for me on 2.4.3

Cheers

Brian

Guest Azurren

i tired to search.. however the site seems to die on me.. if you could guide me to that post.. it will be much apreciated.

Please please please if you are having any problems apart from the following:

• Battery Drain
  • Wifi re-connection / sleep issues
  • Android process force close at the start / after toggling flight mode
  • The odd crash / freeze / restart (Although I haven't really had any)

Recommended procedure:

1. Flash the Stock recovery for your version
  2. Flash the latest PKG
    360 - For retail
  3. Allow the device to boot once
  4. Flash StreakMod recovery
  5. Flash AMS and DSP1 from the OP
    Note: These are different from previous 2.3 builds
  6. Flash GingerStreak 2.4 beta
  7. Wipe Data / Cache
  8. Wipe Dalvik Cache
    Under advanced
  9. Perform a Dell Factory reset
    Option 1 in recovery BEFORE entering StreakMod
  10. Allow the device to boot

Any other beta users experiencing and random reboots / freezes?

Im getting them a lot when using Opera Mobile and occasionally without even touching my device

Guest RenkliArif

@Azurren,

I'm having the same issue. Random reboot loops, but I can't seem to pinpoint what is wrong. It can happen after receiving bluetooth files. Trying to open the camera app (which doesn't want to start most of the time), and other stuff.

Guest Spencershaun

Try re flashing it again with the instructions from the above posts

@Azurren,

I'm having the same issue. Random reboot loops, but I can't seem to pinpoint what is wrong. It can happen after receiving bluetooth files. Trying to open the camera app (which doesn't want to start most of the time), and other stuff.

Guest (InsertNameHere)

Anyone wanting to try overclocking, and why not, its perfectly stable, i have been running 2.4.3 at 1.19ghz for days, battery life in this rom is excellent, lasting well over 1 day, and stability is perfect, i use setcpu to set the overclock and choose the smoothass scaler.

Edited by (InsertNameHere)

Guest Azurren

Anyone wanting to try overclocking, and why not, its perfectly stable, i have been running 2.4.3 at 1.19ghz for days, battery life in this rom is excellent, lasting well over 1 day, and stability is perfect, i use setcpu to set the overclock and choose the smoothass scaler.

Lucky bugger, my streak can only overclock to 1036mhz before becoming unstable :(

First increment

Edited by Azurren

Guest JOBooth

Charlie, which governor are you using? I tried smartassv2 but found it to be unstable on 2.4.1 I think.

'on demand' is working well for me on 2.4.3

Cheers

Brian

I'm running interactiveX at a max of 998 with no lockups, set on boot. Haven't tried overclocking yet. Don't see the need. This build is fast enough for the likes of me.

Guest Papi-jj

Im getting them a lot when using Opera Mobile and occasionally without even touching my device

My beta streak has been pretty solid. Except for the slower 3g. I used to get 4dl now the highest I get is 1.2 dl.

Guest (InsertNameHere)

Lucky bugger, my streak can only overclock to 1036mhz before becoming unstable :(

First increment

I bet you didn't have to rma yours immediately after opeing the box though... i had a dead earpiece.

You sure you cannot get a little more out of it? Try StabilityTest on the market

First increment

I can also go as high as 1.19 but have never been able to get up to the beloved 1.267...

Not having any reboots Azurren, only problem I'm having is with wifi which I have now been told is a commom GB problem.

As far as the DNS fix, well I use Masqued Crusader and so have always been able to get to the market quick, so when it doesn't load within like a second, I immediately know that I have a wifi issue and have to reset

Guest Tsaxmafia

Can anyone offer help on how to flash the PKG file? I would like to go back to a stock ROM before Steve releases the next build but no matter what I seem to do I cannot get my Streak to run anything other than some version of StreakDroid. Perhaps I'm not flashing the recovery properly? I have an AT&T locked Streak Which should be 353. Should I be using 360? No matter what going into recovery and selecting option 2 takes me to StreakMod. Any help would be greatly aprreciated

Im an idiot. I will admit it. I forgot to replace the stock recovery file with the streakmod recovery in the folder on my desktop. Didnt realize till I looked at the dates

Edited by Tsaxmafia

Can anyone offer help on how to flash the PKG file? I would like to go back to a stock ROM before Steve releases the next build but no matter what I seem to do I cannot get my Streak to run anything other than some version of StreakDroid. Perhaps I'm not flashing the recovery properly? I have an AT&T locked Streak Which should be 353. Should I be using 360? No matter what going into recovery and selecting option 2 takes me to StreakMod. Any help would be greatly aprreciated

The only thing that I can think of is that you are not flashing the stock recovery. I personally flashed the 360 before flashing the amss and dsp1 files. SO you can go to the Dell Streak Wiki and download the package file and the proper recovery. It's a cinch from them on. If you weren't flashing "correctly" then your command prompt would say "waiting for device" or give you an error saying it can't find the file in the directory you have designated.

Guest Azurren

Heres the fastboot batch file I use:

fastboot -i 0x413c flash recovery recovery.img

PAUSE

fastboot -i 0x413c reboot

Both the phone and the command prompt should give feedback whether the flash was or wasn't successful

Guest boonkui

I can confirm the Email FC issue on 2.4.1 and 2.4.3. I have not tried 2.4.2.x. The Email FC Issue did not happen on 2.4.

In addition to FC'ing on the receipt of a new message, it randomly FCs while composing a message.

Also, my voice search is also FC'ing, though it doesn't look like anyone else has reported this.

Looking forward to the next version to see if it cures these issues :). Steve/Fards, thanks for all your work on this ROM. Donation coming along as soon as i get paid.

I am on 2.4.1 as Email does not FC. I had the problem in 2.4.3.

Guest The Beast in Black

I am on 2.4.1 as Email does not FC. I had the problem in 2.4.3.

Interesting. I'm certainly pondering whether to take the email apk from one of the earlier ROMs (2.4, probably) and stick it into the newer ROMs if the issue is not solved in ROM versions > 2.4.3...

Guest Spencershaun

Just helping the DJ. People who has been running GS2.4.4-2 beta the issues u have had with the camera and reboots have u been over clocking ? just a query What is up with the camera rolleyes.gif

Guest Papi-jj
Just helping the DJ. People who has been running GS2.4.4-2 beta the issues u have had with the camera and reboots have u been over clocking ? just a query What is up with the camera

I am not overclocking no issues with camera or rebooting. 2.4.4.2

Guest Spencershaun

same for me people have had issues with the camera and rebooting i havent had any of them either rolleyes.gif

I am not overclocking no issues with camera or rebooting. 2.4.4.2

Just helping the DJ. People who has been running GS2.4.4-2 beta the issues u have had with the camera and reboots have u been over clocking ? just a query What is up with the camera rolleyes.gif

I'm overclocked to 1.19 but not having any issues other than the wifi signal cutting out and having to jump hoops to get it back, no force closes on any apps except the SeePU app I liked using in my status bar, no email issues or sudden reboots either

Guest Spencershaun

Just installed opera and its fine m8 tongue.gif