[ROM] StreakDroid GingerStreak 2.4 Beta

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest Papi-jj
ok, after flashing amss/dsp1 I do get the wifi/app data prob but didn't when I just laced the ROM over beta2...flashing lights or iffy wifi both pretty minor in my opinion...next step is Dell factory wypeage...update on that one later tonight;)

Set the wifi to sleep when screen turns off. This fixes the wifi. My turns on every time screen is on.

Guest angel008
what baseband should this have? mine is showing GAUSB1A140514-EU and i cant get any data over the mobile network and it wont let me acces the ANP settings, it tells me "preloadnetworksettings is still loading"

i really dont want t ahve to wipe and start from the begining again

I am also getting the same baseband

For the people having baseband issues....have you tried flashing a different baseband and then going to the one specified by djsteve?

As far as tether. Try flashing from stock and then going to this build. Tether seems to work for me.

Guest Tungsifu

Set the wifi to sleep when screen turns off. This fixes the wifi. My turns on every time screen is on.

That's what mines is set at, thanks for reminding me to scheck that out though ima set mine to never sleep ahahah...

Yep seems to works on this ROM for me as well...its ok with always on cause I'm gettin a solid 12 hrs!!!

Edited by Tungsifu

Guest scruffdog1978

Please please please if you are having any problems apart from the following:

• Battery Drain
  • Wifi re-connection / sleep issues
  • Android process force close at the start / after toggling flight mode
  • The odd crash / freeze / restart (Although I haven't really had any)
    Recommended procedure:

1. Flash the Stock recovery for your version
  2. Flash the latest PKG
    360 - For retail
  3. Allow the device to boot once
  4. Flash StreakMod recovery
  5. Flash AMS and DSP1 from the OP
    Note: These are different from previous 2.3 builds
  6. Flash GingerStreak 2.4 beta
  7. Wipe Data / Cache
  8. Wipe Dalvik Cache
    Under advanced
  9. Perform a Dell Factory reset
    Option 1 in recovery BEFORE entering StreakMod
  10. Allow the device to boot

I did this also exactly went back to 351 stock flashed files....still flashing lights BB reads 314-us please help

Guest satanix

Hi guys,

I have just realised that bluetooth mouse does not work anymore. I.e. there is no mouse cursor and mouse movements only act as scrolls.

It used to work on 1.9.1.

After doing some research, it seems that CM7.1 includes a bluetooth mouse support, but it comes with android 2.3.7.

Any chance of getting the same patch on to this build?

Apologies if this has been covered somewhere elese...

Guest Virtu300

For the people having baseband issues....have you tried flashing a different baseband and then going to the one specified by djsteve?

As far as tether. Try flashing from stock and then going to this build. Tether seems to work for me.

I did. I followed the steps posted recently.

1) Fastboot stock recovery

2) Updated with 360 pkg

3) Fastboot Streakmod (latest beta)

4) Fastboot amss and dsp1 from 1st post of this thread

5) Flashed Gingerstreak

6) Wipe user data, cachce, dalvik

7) Reboot

8) Dell Factory Reset

9) Let the phone load up.

Tether UI shows up. I click on WiFi or USB to activate, and then within 5 sec or so, phone does a soft reboot (boot animation screen), and the UI for tethering is gone.

The tethering works fine in the stock 360 build, or any custom 2.2 ROM. Just the 2.3 doesn't seem to agree with my Rogers phone. Could that be it? Cuz it's locked to Rogers?

WHY JUST ME DANGIT!! ARGH!!

Edited by Virtu300

Guest angel008

I did. I followed the steps posted recently.

1) Fastboot stock recovery

2) Updated with 360 pkg

3) Fastboot Streakmod (latest beta)

4) Fastboot amss and dsp1 from 1st post of this thread

5) Flashed Gingerstreak

6) Wipe user data, cachce, dalvik

7) Reboot

8) Dell Factory Reset

9) Let the phone load up.

Tether UI shows up. I click on WiFi or USB to activate, and then within 5 sec or so, phone does a soft reboot (boot animation screen), and the UI for tethering is gone.

The tethering works fine in the stock 360 build, or any custom 2.2 ROM. Just the 2.3 doesn't seem to agree with my Rogers phone. Could that be it? Cuz it's locked to Rogers?

WHY JUST ME DANGIT!! ARGH!!

I think you should try the latest stock rom and recovery from rogers because it was specified in the instruction that the 360 is the latest rom for retail version not for rogers version.

Edited by angel008

Installed this firmware yesterday. It have some improvements in stability comparing to 2.3 beta 2 - PowerAmp plays music without any lag, no lag with scrolling lists.

But there are some disadvantages:

1) After 30 minutes of downloading throug wifi I've got a reboot. I turned off Wifi notofication and didn't encountered reboot anymore for now.

2) Teamviewer doesn't work. It doesn't work on Simple Streak, but worked on 2.3 beta 2. Did anyone tried Teamviewer on this firmware?

3) I went to sleep and left the phone with 30% of battery and Juicedefender on, but when I woke up the phone was turned off. As I've lerned from battery mix all battery was eaten by the SuperPrivateConversation and Bunny shooter that I was playing before went to sleep. I don't know how they could work after turning off the screen.

Edited by crexa

Guest angel008

Not the same as mine.. Did you flash the AMS and DSP1?

after doing the step by step procedure that you have mentioned what baseband will appear on our streak?

Guest angel008

I did this also exactly went back to 351 stock flashed files....still flashing lights BB reads 314-us please help

you should have to delete the update.pkg file before entering in the streakmod recovery. otherwise you will end up in stock recovery screen (which in your case 351).

How come my 3 buttons keep randomly flashing is there anyway to fix that?

Either you didn't flash amss & dsp1 or you did not flash them properly!

ps. Or you did not the flash the amss & dsp1 posted with this build.

Guest Delirium77

Thank you, thank you, thank you. :)

Everything expect battery drain, wifi-reconnection / sleep ussues and android process force close (at the start and turning off the flight mode), works perfect :)

Also internationalizing pack from other thopic seems to work ok.

So, i'm waiting to repair these important issues and it should be brilliant rom for our Streak :)

Either you didn't flash amss & dsp1 or you did not flash them properly!

ps. Or you did not the flash the amss & dsp1 posted with this build.

THIS FIXES "BLINKING LEDS/LIGHTS"

I can't help but feel that people aren't flashing the amss & dsp1 correctly....as I've also come across this before. SO....I've taken the liberty of giving you this:

1. Download amss.mbn, dsp1.mbn and place where your fastboot.exe file is contained

2. Put your phone into fastboot mode and very in device manager that you "android bootloader interface" as the drivers of choice.

3. Open command prompt and switch the directory to where your fastboot.exe is placed on your pc. Just type "fastboot"....you will get a list of commands if you are in the directory. (if you see this list of commands...proceed)

4. Now type fastboot -i 0x413c flash amss amss.mbn and press enter. Wait until you see "finished" and the active line in Command Prompt is C:\Users\Your Name\Desktop again (or whatever your directory for fastboot is). (you will also see some action on the streak screen as well)

5. Next type fastboot -i 0x413c flash dsp1 dsp1.mbn and press enter. Wait until you see "finished" and the active line is once again your fastboot directory. (again, you will see action on the streak screen while it writes)

6. When those commands are complete type "fastboot reboot" and wait for the streak to do it's thing.

Edited by tremSr

Guest Virtu300

I think you should try the latest stock rom and recovery from rogers because it was specified in the instruction that the 360 is the latest rom for retail version not for rogers version.

Thanks, will try that now. Here goes nothin, one more time! Here's a play by play of what I have done.

1) Flashed Recovery that goes with Latest Rogers ROM via Fastboot.

2) Rebooted via Fastboot

3) Went into Recovery, flashed update.pkg (latest Rogers ROM)

4) Phone automatically reboots when completed.

5) Let phone complete boot sequence

6) Android Version 2.2.1

Baseband: GAUSB1A133932-US

Kernel Ver: 2.6.32.9-perf

OEM Ver: GAUSB1A133932

Build Num 14896

7) Tether works both USB & WiFi

8) Deleted update.pkg (just in case) off of SD Card

9) Turn off Phone

10) Dell Stock Recovery - phone reboots

11) Let phone complete boot sequence, Turn off.

12) Flashed Streakmod Recovery - latest beta v 0.3.2.8

13) Flashed amss and dsp1 from 1st page of this post

14) Rebooted via Fastboot

15) Booted into Streakmod Recovery

16) Flashed Gingerstreak 2.4 Beta 3 Rom

17) Wipe data/factory Reset, Wipe Cache Partition, Wipe Dalvik cache

18) Reboot, Dell Factory Reset

19) Reboot phone, complete boot sequence.

20) Android version 2.3.3

Baseband Ver: GAUSB1A140514-US

Kernel Ver: 2.6.35.7-perf

OEM Version: SD GingerStreak 2.4

Build Number: GingerStreak 2.4

21) Checked WiFi/USB Tether option - available

22) Turned on WiFi Portable Hot-Spot - phone reboots in about 3 sec to bootanimation, Tether UI is gone.

23) Gave up again...Reboot phone, did nandroid restore.

24) Sighed....

Guest maxicet

Thanks, will try that now. Here goes nothin, one more time! Here's a play by play of what I have done.

1) Flashed Recovery that goes with Latest Rogers ROM via Fastboot.

2) Rebooted via Fastboot

3) Went into Recovery, flashed update.pkg (latest Rogers ROM)

4) Phone automatically reboots when completed.

5) Let phone complete boot sequence

6) Android Version 2.2.1

Baseband: GAUSB1A133932-US

Kernel Ver: 2.6.32.9-perf

OEM Ver: GAUSB1A133932

Build Num 14896

7) Tether works both USB & WiFi

8) Deleted update.pkg (just in case) off of SD Card

9) Turn off Phone

10) Dell Stock Recovery - phone reboots

11) Let phone complete boot sequence, Turn off.

12) Flashed Streakmod Recovery - latest beta v 0.3.2.8

13) Flashed amss and dsp1 from 1st page of this post

14) Rebooted via Fastboot

15) Booted into Streakmod Recovery

16) Flashed Gingerstreak 2.4 Beta 3 Rom

17) Wipe data/factory Reset, Wipe Cache Partition, Wipe Dalvik cache

18) Reboot, Dell Factory Reset

19) Reboot phone, complete boot sequence.

20) Android version 2.3.3

Baseband Ver: GAUSB1A140514-US

Kernel Ver: 2.6.35.7-perf

OEM Version: SD GingerStreak 2.4

Build Number: GingerStreak 2.4

21) Checked WiFi/USB Tether option - available

22) Turned on WiFi Portable Hot-Spot - phone reboots in about 3 sec to bootanimation, Tether UI is gone.

23) Gave up again...Reboot phone, did nandroid restore.

24) Sighed....

Repeat all, but DON'T FLASH dsp1 of point 13, try to flash amss ONLY....

Guest Papi-jj

I had one reboot since rom came out. Thanks DJ Steve and fards! This rom has been so stable and battery life has drastically improved once I started using autostarts. Everything works great except for the freezing screen when trying to end call. That's OK I just set power button to end call. So far very happy with this rom! ;-)

Guest scruffdog1978

THIS FIXES "BLINKING LEDS/LIGHTS"

I can't help but feel that people aren't flashing the amss & dsp1 correctly....as I've also come across this before. SO....I've taken the liberty of giving you this:

1. Download amss.mbn, dsp1.mbn and place where your fastboot.exe file is contained

2. Put your phone into fastboot mode and very in device manager that you "android bootloader interface" as the drivers of choice.

3. Open command prompt and switch the directory to where your fastboot.exe is placed on your pc. Just type "fastboot"....you will get a list of commands if you are in the directory. (if you see this list of commands...proceed)

4. Now type fastboot -i 0x413c flash amss amss.mbn and press enter. Wait until you see "finished" and the active line in Command Prompt is C:\Users\Your Name\Desktop again (or whatever your directory for fastboot is). (you will also see some action on the streak screen as well)

5. Next type fastboot -i 0x413c flash dsp1 dsp1.mbn and press enter. Wait until you see "finished" and the active line is once again your fastboot directory. (again, you will see action on the streak screen while it writes)

6. When those commands are complete type "fastboot reboot" and wait for the streak to do it's thing.

this is how im doing it and still get flashing lights