Vegacomb Kindle problems

Guest chunkymunky74

Guest chunkymunky74

Evening All

i have now established that my most used app is the Kindle app but a recent upgrade to Vegacomb has left me at the point where i am pulling out whats left of my hair. each time i try to open the program i get the Kindle splash screen with no text and then i get the unexpected error, force close and try again message. I have purged caches, force closed, moved to card and back again, uninstalled and reinstalled all to no avail - sometimes it opens and then most of the time it doesn't. Has anyone else seen these problems and if they have has anyone managed to repeatably resolve them

cheers

Guest chunkymunky74

This may be of use to other users out there. After some tinkering i decided to try and older version of the Android app. After a quick Google search i was able to find an older version that seemed to do the trick and as such i have not seen a reccurence of the problem

Paul

This may be of use to other users out there. After some tinkering i decided to try and older version of the Android app. After a quick Google search i was able to find an older version that seemed to do the trick and as such i have not seen a reccurence of the problem

Paul

Some Apps don't like the 120dpi of native VegaComb - try setting to 160dpi in build.prop if you are still wanting to try the newer version.

Some Apps don't like the 120dpi of native VegaComb - try setting to 160dpi in build.prop if you are still wanting to try the newer version.

What's the easiest way to alter the build.prop file? And do you need to reboot or reflash etc?