Frozen in recovery mode

Guest kaladhar

Guest kaladhar

Hi all,

I am not very new to vega but am new to experimentation.( I know.....stupid thing to do)

I have recently installed VEGA COMB from corvus5 and after getting very excited looking at it , I started playing with ROM manager and now my Vega in near bricked. turns on and then goes dark again. I have read many forums which has solutions but my problem is my laptop does not recognise my vega even though i managed ok in past. it has windoiw XP on it ( has to use old one as new windows 7 64 bit seem to have problem using software from My Aventvega.com website )

after manual recovery mode ( which i managed ok to my own delight) laptop does pop with message showing unrecognised usb and I tried to allocate soft ware from flash USB ( after taking 'have disk' option) downloaded from Myadeventvega website, but comes up message showing no software found, Keeps opening subfolder showing amd64, i386 and nvidia usb and none of these work.

can anybody tell me how would i get my vega recognised by laptop and fix my vega.

I have exhausted trying various things and now need HELP please

thanks in anticipation of answers

Kal

Guest stevesilk51

Hi all,

I am not very new to vega but am new to experimentation.( I know.....stupid thing to do)

I have recently installed VEGA COMB from corvus5 and after getting very excited looking at it , I started playing with ROM manager and now my Vega in near bricked. turns on and then goes dark again. I have read many forums which has solutions but my problem is my laptop does not recognise my vega even though i managed ok in past. it has windoiw XP on it ( has to use old one as new windows 7 64 bit seem to have problem using software from My Aventvega.com website )

after manual recovery mode ( which i managed ok to my own delight) laptop does pop with message showing unrecognised usb and I tried to allocate soft ware from flash USB ( after taking 'have disk' option) downloaded from Myadeventvega website, but comes up message showing no software found, Keeps opening subfolder showing amd64, i386 and nvidia usb and none of these work.

can anybody tell me how would i get my vega recognised by laptop and fix my vega. I'd advise not to use rom manager, but get vegacomb installed then use clockworkmod which is included.

I have exhausted trying various things and now need HELP please

thanks in anticipation of answers

Kal

Hi Kal,

I take it you flashed over "moddedstock v2"

If not then you will need to install moddedstock v2 first then vegacomb. http://www.multiupload.com/CI2NZASSJ9

Getting the vega to be recognised through usb has been posted several times. I found opening device manager and watching the usb devices as you plug in the vega to help in identifying the vega the best way to proceed.

Check USB debugging in Settings/Applications/Development (you probably already know this?) Also I take it you wiped caches and did factory reset? Also Vegatools can help. When you get Vegacomb installed Clockworkmod will

then make all the updates and rom installs easy. The solutions are on this forum.

Hope you sort it soon

Regards

Steve

Edited by stevesilk51

Guest AlbaJoe

steve looks like i am in the same boat as you now ...... my appears to be bricked i.e. stuck on blank screen for last hour

Anyone point me the right way to unbricking ? I mean it doesnt even connect to the PC so I cant imagine how you unbrick this ?