Brick

Guest Nick810

Guest Nick810

Wey Hey Iv managed to turn my Vega into a useless pile of junk. I tried to update the damn thing on Thursday night and all i've got is the BSOD. Ive been trying for 36 hours to restore the thing without success. Ive followed every thread on here and it just don't work. So can it be bricked...yes it can. Wish i'd spent the extra 200 and got an ipad.

Guest dbaseii

Wey Hey Iv managed to turn my Vega into a useless pile of junk. I tried to update the damn thing on Thursday night and all i've got is the BSOD. Ive been trying for 36 hours to restore the thing without success. Ive followed every thread on here and it just don't work. So can it be bricked...yes it can. Wish i'd spent the extra 200 and got an ipad.

not another "brick" post. or your trolling

Guest Nick810

not another "brick" post. or your trolling

Not trolling mate totally hacked off with this thing. I've read all the reboot and recovery threads and none of them work

Guest Nick810

Not trolling mate totally hacked off with this thing. I've read all the reboot and recovery threads and none of them work

The upshot is Iv ran out of patience with the damn thing and returned it to Currys. After listening to did you factory reset (yawn) etc etc. They decided it needs sending away for a reboot.

I cannot believe that people have tried upto 40 times to reboot and it may work if your lucky this is simply not good enough. The machine when working is okay but when you hit technical problems it is not user friendly one bit. I cant believe the comments of be patient and keep trying this simply should not happen. I really wish id spent the extra and got an ipad. Anyways when Currys return the machine it will be going on ebay.

Guest stevesilk51

Hi Nick810,

I would not have let Currys have it yet. When you actually get the hang of recovery on the vega it really is easy, honestly. And yes I know it's frustrating as hell but when Vegacomb is installed on a Vega it really is a fine device.

I think definitely Advent made the recovery key press sequence overly complicated but when it is rooted and running roms such as vegacomb with Clockworkmod as the recovery/update/rom install tool it's great and worth the money.

It is definitely NOT bricked so sorry your patience ran out but being able to root and customise through android is the reason so many of us go for tablets such as the vega. Downside is that there is a learning curve.

Hope you change your mind.

Steve

The upshot is Iv ran out of patience with the damn thing and returned it to Currys. After listening to did you factory reset (yawn) etc etc. They decided it needs sending away for a reboot.

I cannot believe that people have tried upto 40 times to reboot and it may work if your lucky this is simply not good enough. The machine when working is okay but when you hit technical problems it is not user friendly one bit. I cant believe the comments of be patient and keep trying this simply should not happen. I really wish id spent the extra and got an ipad. Anyways when Currys return the machine it will be going on ebay.

Guest Nick810

Hi Nick810,

I would not have let Currys have it yet. When you actually get the hang of recovery on the vega it really is easy, honestly. And yes I know it's frustrating as hell but when Vegacomb is installed on a Vega it really is a fine device.

I think definitely Advent made the recovery key press sequence overly complicated but when it is rooted and running roms such as vegacomb with Clockworkmod as the recovery/update/rom install tool it's great and worth the money.

It is definitely NOT bricked so sorry your patience ran out but being able to root and customise through android is the reason so many of us go for tablets such as the vega. Downside is that there is a learning curve.

Hope you change your mind.

Steve

Steve thanks for the reply mate. Im absolutely hopeless when it comes to computers . A top notch guy on here Simonta had to customise the device remotely for me when i first got it. THERES no way on this earth i would be able to do it im just not technically minded enough. I dont understand the advice on the forums etc etc its like reading a foreign language to me. So although i appreciate what you say about rooting and customising i really dont have a clue how to do these things.

Nick

Steve thanks for the reply mate. Im absolutely hopeless when it comes to computers . A top notch guy on here Simonta had to customise the device remotely for me when i first got it. THERES no way on this earth i would be able to do it im just not technically minded enough. I dont understand the advice on the forums etc etc its like reading a foreign language to me. So although i appreciate what you say about rooting and customising i really dont have a clue how to do these things.

Nick

Where do you live ? Maybe there is a local forum member that could help you out. I am in Somerset.

Paul