work flow to flash Liquidnext 1.9.1 to Fido stock Froyo 2.2

Guest kenship

Guest kenship

Considering to bring it to liquidNext 1.9.1, trying to install malez, now which version should I use? 0.6.1? it says I need EMEA based ROM, what should I do?

Guest HustlinDaily

Check the Ultimate Liquid Thread stickied above, everything you need is there- http://android.modac...-liquid-thread/

Get a 2.2 EMEA .bin file from here- http://android.modac...act-collection/ (4.002.14.EMEA.GEN1 I think is the best, guessing you have Liquid E so look for 512MB Liquid)

Use 4.1 of this thread to flash it

Install Malez (post 2 of that thread)

Flash the ROM (post 4)

Edited by HustlinDaily

Guest ghettoracer

Considering to bring it to liquidNext 1.9.1, trying to install malez, now which version should I use? 0.6.1? it says I need EMEA based ROM, what should I do?

It might help if you tell people which phone you have and what ROM you are currently running....

Edited by ghettoracer

Guest kenship

Thanks HustlinDaily!

Is flashing a EMEA bin really necessary for Malez?

Ken

From what I understood, he had stock Fido ROM (so guessing Liquid E) and wanted LiquidNext

Guest thirtytwodave
post-881192-0-16140500-1318713092_thumb.i flashed it from stock rogers it still shows the Rogers baseband of A1-05.01.07 and works good so if you want just install malez recover you will need this one http://code.google.c...LL.exe&can=4&q= as i am sure fido's rom will do the same as rogers .Which is as soon as the phone starts it resets the recovery image then just flash Liquidnext Edited by thirtytwodave

Guest kenship

Forgive me if I sound stupid, but from what you say,

1. I don't need to flash a EMEA bin

2. I just install the Malez according to your link and it will support nandroid

3. I can install liquidnext right after

Right?

post-881192-0-16140500-1318713092_thumb.i flashed it from stock rogers it still shows the Rogers baseband of A1-05.01.07 and works good so if you want just install malez recover you will need this one http://code.google.c...LL.exe&can=4&q= as i am sure fido's rom will do the same as rogers .Which is as soon as the phone starts it resets the recovery image then just flash Liquidnext

Guest HustlinDaily

Ic. Wasn't sure if LiquidNext would work on top of non-EMEA bins or not. If it works, then yeah, no need to flash a bin.

Just install Malez and everything after that is easy.

Edited by HustlinDaily

Thank you people! Malez installed. Preparing for LiquidNext already!

How is it? Did LiquidNext work on stock FIDO bin?

~renzs

Edited by renzs

Guest kenship

To be honest, I tried it last night, it's pretty easy to flash.

But I need to figure out how the APP2SD works, currently I use link2sd and it doesn't seem to work on this ROM.

I have force close from time to time, I know it for the market you need to set the language to English (Canada) to make it works, still there are others keep closing...

I will flash it again when I have some time to deal with app2sd issue.

How is it? Did LiquidNext work on stock FIDO bin?

~renzs

Guest Pi3rluigi

To be honest, I tried it last night, it's pretty easy to flash.

But I need to figure out how the APP2SD works, currently I use link2sd and it doesn't seem to work on this ROM.

I have force close from time to time, I know it for the market you need to set the language to English (Canada) to make it works, still there are others keep closing...

I will flash it again when I have some time to deal with app2sd issue.

Installing LiquidNext 1.9.2, you don't need app2sd to move apps in ext partition,you just have tto enable it via sdman in LiquidNext settings,has explaned here, in the after flash menu