Removing Superboot and Restoring Phone

Guest alternate_existance

Guest alternate_existance

Hi all,

I screwed up pretty big time and hope someone here can help (fingers crossed).

I was over tired and installed SuperBoot (http://android.modac...ng-the-nexus-s/) on an "unsupported" Samsung Nexus S GRK39F phone running Android 2.3.6, and want to know if there is any way to remove SuperBoot as the phone no longer functions (bricked?). It gets to the initial boot screen which states "Google" and also shows the unlocked padlock (as i unlocked it prior using "adb"), but it will now not longer boot up.

I have tried restoring/recovering the phone via the boot loader several times, but to no avail. The memory card is internal, so i can't remove it and put an image on it to recover with (not that i have one yet), when connected via USB it mounts as a drive letter but with "no media" in Windows, and when i try run "adb devices" from the command line i get no serial numbers shown.

USB Debugging "was" previously enabled, "but" the phone was reset to factory defaults, which would have turned that feature back off.

All drivers are also installed in Windows XP (SP3), which is confirmed by no unknown hardware being listed in the Windows Device Manager.

So, is there any way to either remove SuperBoot and undo any potential changes or modifications it made to Android 2.3.6, or otherwise some way (perhaps using the Android SDK) to properly mount and copy a recovery image back across to the phone. If the latter, does anyone know where i can get a recovery image for a Samsung Nexus S GRK39F?

The ironic thing about all this is that i was rooting the phone so that i could back it up if anything was to go wrong.

Thanks,

Liam