GEN2 to GEN3 Update

Guest quantam

Guest quantam

Guys I have a Dell XCD 35 aka ZTE Blade . It came as a GEN 2 TFT model . I re-partitioned the phone memory to Cache:2mB Data:294mB System:160mB and am running Cyanogen Mod 7 [nightly] . I want to upgrade to GEN 3 and flash the Official 2.3.5 on my BLADE . Cant get a exact idea of how to go about the things .It will be really helpful if someone can guide me through the procedure .

Guest hecatae
Which Clockwork Mod and Firmware do I use ?

You dont use clockwork.

Grab the Official image.bin put it in the /image folder on your sd card. Turn blade off, hold MENU+VOLUME UP and power on

Guest hedgepigdaniel

Which Clockwork Mod and Firmware do I use ?

The one that sais Gen3, if you're doing it with the windows guide. If hecatae's instructions work, then that's safer.

Guest quantam

You dont use clockwork.

Grab the Official image.bin put it in the /image folder on your sd card. Turn blade off, hold MENU+VOLUME UP and power on

Worked awesome :) . Really need a better partition type :P App2SD thing is present but need little more space on phone for apps that cant be moved .

Guest Amphoras

Worked awesome :) . Really need a better partition type :P App2SD thing is present but need little more space on phone for apps that cant be moved .

You could use this:

You could try using this: http://dl.dropbox.co...-160sys-tpt.zip

MD5sum: 2447a36ed7c7b41bd61697f7d5e20143

It isn't tested, and may or may not work. It should give 2mb cache, 160mb system, 258mb data. Unzip it to the root of your sdcard and flash it like the other TPT you used to get to Gen 3.

Use at your own risk.

from the thread here: http://android.modaco.com/topic/347211-16-oct-2011rom-libraginger-rls31-for-blade-v880-base-on-libra-gingerbread/

You may have to flash the cache fix zip linked a few posts later to be able to download properly from the market.

Guest Amphoras

The system is around 183mb so need a tpt for that..... Tpt helper shows option of creating a tpt can I use that?

TPT Helper only does the Gen 1 to Gen 2 type TPTs just now, and the option to create a TPT only allows mixing certain layouts with different splash images/recoveries. I can make one with a bigger system partition for you later on if you want.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest coolluc

You dont use clockwork.

It doesnt work : it doesnt start up ,the back button remains red

sorry for my bad english

• 3 weeks later...