Poll Circle Battery Mod or not ?

Guest Kuoi

I think this will make it clear for all rom devs if they have to make a rom with a circle mod included or not.

The choice is theirs anyway , but I've seen discussions in about EVERY rom threat about this topic , and maybe this way it will be clear what people really want !

Let's vote :)

Edited by Kuoi

Guest Chris Banks

Or the people who want the circle mod can just go to the UOT kitchen and do it themselves.

You can't expect ROM developers to cater for everyone's tastes.

Or the people who want the circle mod can just go to the UOT kitchen and do it themselves.

That's why this poll is soooo needed !!!!

It seems to me that whoever don't want the circle can't find the way to UOT kitchen.

You can't expect ROM developers to cater for everyone's tastes.

That's why this poll is soooo needed !!!!

When rom developers following most users and change the stock battery icon to Circle battery mod , ... these few that don't want it demand THEIR taste.

If they want a "as close as" stock rom ... why they install a mod rom anyway ?

-------------------------------------------

I hope everybody votes , so it will be clear for once and for all what MOST users want. :rolleyes:

Guest TouchyAndalou

Without, although it's not a big deal either way. I happen to favour the thin circle mod anyhow, which I add myself in the kitchen.

I personally like a mostly stock rom, with only things that enhance the experience added. A lot of custom roms come loaded with needless apps that people can just as easily download from the market should they want them.

Guest Chris Banks

If they want a "as close as" stock rom ... why they install a mod rom anyway ?

Because there is a lot lot more to a custom ROM than just the theme.

You can't please everyone, so therefore its best to keep close to the stock look.

If you want a custom theme, its easy to make one or go to the theme section and use one that has already been shared.

Plus you can't actually cook the stock battery icon in the kitchen, and there are many different types of the circle battery style.

Guest unrandomsam

I like a clean rom but the stock battery icon is useless

Why ? You can see fairly easily roughly how much battery you have left and it doesn't blink (Not distracting).

I am not even too sure the numbers it uses are even meaningful. (Don't think its linear the way the battery empties).

Guest ThrashMan

Why ? You can see fairly easily roughly how much battery you have left and it doesn't blink (Not distracting).

I am not even too sure the numbers it uses are even meaningful. (Don't think its linear the way the battery empties).

looool.....so the OS reports what it has calculated to be the battery level, BUT rather than accept that you would rather guess by looking at a picture of a battery that has part of it missing, and at some point will change colour because the OS is reporting a low battery level......oh, but you don't believe the OS do you? You're screwed!! :P

In this case I think its a case of most people are happy with the Circle Battery Mod

There has been over 500 downloads of my True Gen 3 rom

and 3 downloads for the add-on to revert the battery back to stock

Because there is a lot lot more to a custom ROM than just the theme.

You can't please everyone, so therefore its best to keep close to the stock look.

If you want a custom theme, its easy to make one or go to the theme section and use one that has already been shared.

Plus you can't actually cook the stock battery icon in the kitchen, and there are many different types of the circle battery style.

Guest unrandomsam

looool.....so the OS reports what it has calculated to be the battery level, BUT rather than accept that you would rather guess by looking at a picture of a battery that has part of it missing, and at some point will change colour because the OS is reporting a low battery level......oh, but you don't believe the OS do you? You're screwed!! :P

I believe (somewhat) the battery voltage you can get fairly easily.

I don't believe the way the circle battery mod uses a silly percentage.

(When voltage drops below (Then probably a good idea to charge) x is totally logical way to deal with it).

It doesn't calculate it well enough for it to matter (At least for the % to be accurate anyway).

Compare the battery voltage with the % reported by the circle battery and you will see its not right. (Use the graph of how a lithium ion battery discharges as well).