Porting Windows Mobile

Guest john99

Guest hugobosslives

as in you like the look of it? or you want the actual win mob OS?

it can be easily themed to be like it. head over to the themes section.....

Guest dirlan2001

Hi guys!

I want to run Windows Mobile operating system on my ZTE Blade.

It is posible?

Thaks for any reply.

Hardware is about the same as the HP 614c, memory is bigger, screen is much bigger... If you could overcome the differences in the boot it might work eventually by coincidence. I'm wouldn't dream of returning to WM 6.5 anyway

:D

Guest rockstarszzzz

Hi guys!

I want to run Windows Mobile operating system on my ZTE Blade.

It is posible?

Thaks for any reply.

oooo 6.5! lovely!

but I think WP7 isn't possible at all due to our hardware specs.

May be 6.5 will be lovely to run on this screen and hardware! Did you give a shout at XDA?

oooo 6.5! lovely!

but I think WP7 isn't possible at all due to our hardware specs.

May be 6.5 will be lovely to run on this screen and hardware! Did you give a shout at XDA?

Noop...not yet....also xda doesnt values blade much in comparison to other devices....while the modaco is very much dedicated to ZTE blade(it basically made this forum famous)

Guest ManMetDeHamer

Well I thought of porting windows phone 7 Mango....but windows phone 6.5 edition will do it for me....specially with the sense ui!!!

sense ui on windows phone?

Guest rockstarszzzz

Noop...not yet....also xda doesnt values blade much in comparison to other devices....while the modaco is very much dedicated to ZTE blade(it basically made this forum famous)

The reason I asked was because at XDA there are few developers and enthusiasts in WinMo side of world. I don't think you will find much encouragement from devs in this community mostly because they heart android. I'll PM few at XDA and see if they are interested in porting. However, without blade it might not be the best-est idea for them to get involved, but they could get ideas rolling.

Pretty sure WinMo can't be ported due to the lack of source and copyright issues, and there's no drivers for the Blade to help boot up WinMo either.

Also I'm pretty sure WinMo only had TouchFlo 2D/3D and not Sense.

Guest sheennick

Windows mobile 6 /6.1/6.5 is not free like android so i think even if you manage to port something to blade(very remote possibility) it would be illegal to post it anywhere.....

It would be considered as warez which would violate site rules

and for those who think its a dumb OS ...it was the only "properly" smart OS for quite a while and it might not look cool like android or iPhone..but still gets the job done !

Guest rockstarszzzz

Pretty sure WinMo can't be ported due to the lack of source and copyright issues, and there's no drivers for the Blade to help boot up WinMo either.

Also I'm pretty sure WinMo only had TouchFlo 2D/3D and not Sense.

I've used Sense on my Toshiba TG01. TouchFlo 2D/3D was used for low end devices. But likes of TG01 and HD2 can run Sense.

Windows mobile 6 /6.1/6.5 is not free like android so i think even if you manage to port something to blade(very remote possibility) it would be illegal to post it anywhere.....

It would be considered as warez which would violate site rules

and for those who think its a dumb OS ...it was the only "properly" smart OS for quite a while and it might not look cool like android or iPhone..but still gets the job done !

I am not entirely sure about it being warez. I'm pretty sure Windows porting was done to many phones and is still being done. However, not very sure about distribution of OS and it's legal loops.

Guest JolyonS
I am not entirely sure about it being warez. I'm pretty sure Windows porting was done to many phones and is still being done. However, not very sure about distribution of OS and it's legal loops.

There's absolutely no reason at all to think that it would be legal.

Guest rockstarszzzz

I didnt heard that bill gates said :

"U can play free @ my 'backyard' (microsoft® thing)"

(∴□-□∴)

Isn't Meego by Nokia under licenses too?

http://pocketnow.com/android/run-meego-on-your-nexus-one - MeeGo was ported to an Android device - I wonder what happened following this! But if MeeGo is portable from giants like Nokia, illegal port might be possible for WinMo 6.5 - however not sharable?

Guest PhenomHTX

WinMO kernel is one, same for all device you change it from build to build

It's impossible to port Sense to ZTE witout OpenGL 1.1 and 2.0 drivers ... i made a lot roms for Omnia 2 and Sense there has 15fps (bad drivers from Samsung)

Also you doesnt have any programs to flash NAND of Blade , and making partitions ...

Forget about it, it's impossible ... i dont even write about Radio rom, CSC with languange, Boot image, PC drivers for ActiveSync, and CPU,GPU,GSM,GPS,Wifi etc drivers.

Edited by PhenomHTX

Cut it guys!!! As far legality is concerned Microsoft will not mind if WM 6.5 is ported to ZTE Blade since by doing it will encourage more porting of windows phone OS to Android devices and ultimately Microsoft will regain some lost grounds in last 2 years in Market Share!!!

Guest rockstarszzzz

Cut it guys!!! As far legality is concerned Microsoft will not mind if WM 6.5 is ported to ZTE Blade since by doing it will encourage more porting of windows phone OS to Android devices and ultimately Microsoft will regain some lost grounds in last 2 years in Market Share!!!

haha, I don't think us just porting WM to android phone will benefit Microsoft shares at all as we won't be paying even a penny to them! :lol:

Guest unrandomsam

There's absolutely no reason at all to think that it would be legal.

Yes but e.g

Paul's sense rom for the nexus one

Any rom that includes the android market (And is not made by someone legally allowed to redistribute google's proprietary software).

Every rom on this site pretty much includes warez get over it.