Who said r14 Android SDK is "fast" - it isn't!!!

Guest glossywhite

Guest glossywhite

All this fuss and hype over the new ICS r14 version of the Android SDK being "fast" is utter nonsense; it's slower than a lame donkey walking uphill through treacle in winter.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Guest tilal6991
All this fuss and hype over the new ICS r14 version of the Android SDK being "fast" is utter nonsense; it's slower than a lame donkey walking uphill through treacle in winter.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

the emulator doesn't have hardware acceleration so it will be slow. ICS is fast on phones which do have hardware/GPU acceleration.

Guest glossywhite

the emulator doesn't have hardware acceleration so it will be slow. ICS is fast on phones which do have hardware/GPU acceleration.

No, that is wrong. Google have been talking about how the new SDK and emulator is way, way faster, because they use GPU acceleration... really? Well, where's the speed increase then? I see none.

Guest tilal6991

No, that is wrong. Google have been talking about how the new SDK and emulator is way, way faster, because they use GPU acceleration... really? Well, where's the speed increase then? I see none.

Oh. I thought it meant the os would have 2d and GPU acceleration so it would be faster but I assumed that this wouldn't work in the emulator.