New Maps 5.11 is blinking

Guest pier11

Has anyone noticed that with the latest Google Maps update, annoying blinking artifacts have appeared. Peripheral parts of map sort of inverting colors in loop - blinking.

I'd guess it's because they started to use new "optimized" way to retrieve images...

I use twrock's CM6.1

It was absolutely alright with previous Maps 5.10

Has anyone noticed that with the latest Google Maps update, annoying blinking artifacts have appeared. Peripheral parts of map sort of inverting colors in loop - blinking.

I'd guess it's because they started to use new "optimized" way to retrieve images...

I use twrock's CM6.1

It was absolutely alright with previous Maps 5.10

I had the same problem.

I rebooted the phone and now its OK.

I had the same problem.

I rebooted the phone and now its OK.

rebooting did't help me. Did it many times. I also cleared Map's cache, then data, then uninstall the app and install back - didn't help either.

The blinking doesn't appear in all zoom levels (but in most needed one), it can disappear if I move a bit away from an area of my interest...

But it's still there and annoying. Maps 5.10 was just fine.

I saw in "CyanogenMod Plus" a "New OpenGL ES lib (65537)" - maybe that would help?...

Installed CyanogenMod 7.1 RC. (I used CM 6.1 before).

You know what, after fullest reformatting of all partitions, the latest google Maps 5.11 DO BLINK!!

It only left suggestion that the issue is somewhere below android system. Both Androids use the same kernel - 2.6.29, and probably the same drivers...