B7610 and Stylus pen radio

Guest Alchedin

Guest Alchedin

I noticed some time ago the B7610 stylus pen fits quite well in the 3,5mm audio jack. When doing this you get the message popping up which mode you want to use it e.g.: headphone, tv-out or headset.

When selecting headset / headphone you can enable the radio and it scans and finds FM channels quite well. Then it will play the radio, reception is quite good.

Is this something that is known or did i just invent a new feature?

note: my stylus pen is metallic (don't know if it is standard)

Cheers,

Alchedin

That's a well-known "feature". The cord of the headset is used as an antenna, but without it, the reception is quite satifying. I've never understood why Samsung enforces the headset to be connected.

Guest Alchedin

That's a well-known "feature". The cord of the headset is used as an antenna, but without it, the reception is quite satifying. I've never understood why Samsung enforces the headset to be connected.

Hi Valcon,

The part with the wired headphone/headset is indeed well-known and quite logic ofcourse, but the stylus pen, the metallic stick (which you have slide out of the phone) does also fit in the jack, with the possibility to function as an alternative antenna.

Quite funny actually if you want to listen to the radio and forgot the headset :lol:

Also it seems to work with (some) HTC devices

Edited by Alchedin

• 2 weeks later...