Change colour on stock e-mail app?

Guest qwertymz

Guest qwertymz

Hi all,

I'm sure this has been asked a million times, but I can't seem to find a solution. I'm using the latest CM7 stable, with stock e-mail app... but I hate the black background with grey font colour. Is there any way the APK can be modded so that the BG is not black, thus creating proper contrast and saving my poor eyes?

I've looked at alternative email apps (K9..) but they don't quite have the functionality I need, and they don't work properly with my dodgy work servers.

I hope someone can help.

You could look into res/layout/color_preference.xml

edit: that was a bit short, so.. it's been a while since I edited xml's in an apk, but I think apktool is what you're after. Once again, google is your best friend.

Edited by sm4tik

Guest qwertymz

You could look into res/layout/color_preference.xml

edit: that was a bit short, so.. it's been a while since I edited xml's in an apk, but I think apktool is what you're after. Once again, google is your best friend.

Thanks. Where can I find email.apk? Is it in the cm zip somewhere?

Guest qwertymz

Hmm. I managed to unpack the APK and get as far as changing the background colour in colors.xml (funnily enough!)... but I can't see an option to change text colour. Anyone?

Guest unrandomsam

Hmm. I managed to unpack the APK and get as far as changing the background colour in colors.xml (funnily enough!)... but I can't see an option to change text colour. Anyone?

Could be using the system one.

I sort of remember the codeaurora one being white background (Is that what you are wanting).

You could almost certainly just pull the email.apk from the emulator image or an AOSP / Codeaurora build.