Installing a custom ROM stuck in fastboot mode?

Guest fishzle

Guest fishzle

I upgraded an my Liquid MT trivially to 2.3.5 (AAP ROM) and everything was awesome. Well mostly awesome, a bit slow, but kinda working pretty well. Then I thought, I'll change to a custom ROM, I wonder which one.. read about LiquidNext and MIUI and LeoGB. Thought I might try LiquidNext 1.9.2.

Boot into recovery (2.2).

Wipe all userdata.

Flashed the liquidnext rom.

Select the reboot option in the recovery menu.

Phone then gives me the black screen with "fastboot mode".

Rebooting makes it always say "fastboot mode".

This is no good.

I can boot into recovery with the VOL+, VOL-, FLASH, Power magic.

But I can't get liquidnext to boot.

What's happening here? It was easy going to 2.3.5.

To get out of "fastboot mode", I've used ADT to get 2.3.5 back. But what's happening after the ROM install? Am I supposed to wait for it to install, I thought I was supposed to select "reboot" after the installer finished it's thing?

Edited by fishzle

Guest noogai93

I upgraded an my Liquid MT trivially to 2.3.5 (AAP ROM) and everything was awesome. Well mostly awesome, a bit slow, but kinda working pretty well. Then I thought, I'll change to a custom ROM, I wonder which one.. read about LiquidNext and MIUI and LeoGB. Thought I might try LiquidNext 1.9.2.

Boot into recovery (2.2).

Wipe all userdata.

Flashed the liquidnext rom.

Select the reboot option in the recovery menu.

Phone then gives me the black screen with "fastboot mode".

Rebooting makes it always say "fastboot mode".

This is no good.

I can boot into recovery with the VOL+, VOL-, FLASH, Power magic.

But I can't get liquidnext to boot.

What's happening here? It was easy going to 2.3.5.

To get out of "fastboot mode", I've used ADT to get 2.3.5 back. But what's happening after the ROM install? Am I supposed to wait for it to install, I thought I was supposed to select "reboot" after the installer finished it's thing?

Whoaa man WTH are you doing ? your looking in the wrong forum, those roms are for the acer LIQUID not the LIQUID METAL.

LIQUID MT Roms

Gingerounay

Ginger dmd

Flash one of those and it will work.

• 3 months later...
Guest MariekeT

Hello,

I have the same problem, also installed the liquidnext ROM on my liquid MT and now I'm stuck in fastboot mode and I can't get out.

But I don't know what ADT is and how to use it.

Could someone please help me because I really don't know what to do anymore to get my phone working again..

Guest Chrisund123

If you have fastboot, then no probs! If you want a custom Rom, download the right one, install vaches CWM build (check the sticky thread - if you can't boot the phone you won't be able to use his install script, you can do it manually by opening a command prompt and navigating to the folder with the recovery image, and executing the command "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img" where recovery.img is the name of the image to flash.

Then you can boot into recovery with some finger gymnastics, and install the custom ROM. Jobs a good'un!

Guest MariekeT

I can't select a thread and I don't really know what a CWM build is.

But I'm really relieved to hear that the phone can be fixed!

Could you try to explain what a CWM build is and where to find it?

Guest MariekeT

Never mind, I've tried something and now I understand what you mean. Thanks. But now I run into another problem:

After flashing, when I boot into recovery mode, I get the next message:

OSBL Version=A4-03.32.01 #0 #0 #0 #0

SD Image Download Procedure...Failed! IMAGE_DIR_NOT_FOUND

I put Gingerounay-3.0 on my card.

What should I do with this? I've tried several different SD-cards, but it doesn't make a difference.

I still get the same message.

Guest MariekeT

Yes, you are right.

So this is not the right one to use when I want to put Gingerounay on my MT?

I've tried the other keycombination for boot recovery mode (VOLUME UP + VOLUME DOWN + FOCUS + POWER (phone vibrates) keep all keys pressed for a few seconds, then release briefly FOCUS and press it again), but then I get to see a triangle with a ! in it.

Guest Chrisund123
Yes, you are right.

So this is not the right one to use when I want to put Gingerounay on my MT?

I've tried the other keycombination for boot recovery mode (VOLUME UP + VOLUME DOWN + FOCUS + POWER (phone vibrates) keep all keys pressed for a few seconds, then release briefly FOCUS and press it again), but then I get to see a triangle with a ! in it.

Triangle with ! Is the stock recovery, clockwork mod not installed.

Guest MariekeT

Problem is that I can't get clockwork mod installed.

Googled a lot en tried some stuff like installing SDK Manager, but when I go to the command prompt, it never seems to recognize my device.

No matter what I do.

So I don't get the clockwork mod installed.

It's really frustrated.

Have any suggestions?

Guest Chrisund123

If it brings up a result, that's good news. If you try to flash it manually with:

"fastboot flash recovery recovery.img"

where recovery.img is the name of the clockwork mod image vache built (cant remember what he called it off the top of my head) does it flash it ok?

Guest MariekeT

Finally... I flashed the recovery!

But when I enter in recovery mode, again the android with the !-triangle appears.

Is it maybe because I don't shutdown fastboot?

When fastboot finishes flashing the recovery, I pull the battery out en push the key combination for recovery mode.

Should I exit fastboot mode in another way?

Guest MariekeT

Thank you so much!!!! without volume down I could enter recovery mode and now i've installed Gingerounay.

I'm so happy that it worked and that I can use the phone again.

Thank you very much.

And also thanks to Chrisund123 for your help and patience ;-).

Guest Chrisund123

Excellent work!

If you install Rom manager from market you can reboot your phone into recovery from there without needing to do the finger-gymnastics :lol: