Theme help

Guest Sidders

Guest Sidders

Hi all,

I have Corvus5 running but im still a n00b when it comes to installing other add on's, like theme's

Can anybody tell me how to get the honeycomb theme running please? (i have the honeycomb theme by Partner2 on sd card in zip format) but i cant figure out how to get it running.

Thanks

Guest ursulavasey

Hi all,

I have Corvus5 running but im still a n00b when it comes to installing other add on's, like theme's

Can anybody tell me how to get the honeycomb theme running please? (i have the honeycomb theme by Partner2 on sd card in zip format) but i cant figure out how to get it running.

Thanks

I don't know if it will work with Corvus, as it was designed to work with the Vegacomb partitions, but I can tell you how it SHOULD work. This is the procedure I would suggest you follow. Backup your tablet as it stands now, so you can go back to how things were before you started, should the procedure go wrong. You can back it up using something like Titanium or the backup/restore option in Clockworkmod. Once you have done the backup, you are ready to start the main process. You simply need to install it as you would install a rom; ie go into Clockworkmod, select "install zip from sdcard", select the theme, and let it do its thing. Boot into the tablet and you are done. It will run the "Vegacomb is free software" screen, then the new bootanimation will run before the tablet opens up with the ICS look on it.

A couple of caveats to be aware of: this is only a theme, it is not true ICS, with ICS functionality and and ICS app store. Also, when I installed it on my tablet, the wallpapers were not included in the theme. I googled ICS wallpapers.apk on the tablet and found a direct link to the wallpapers, which I was able to download directly to the tablet, with no need to use the computer. Simply download the apk, install it using a file manager, such as Filer, Astro, etc and it will then appear as an icon on your tablet. Open the icon, select your wallpaper, and you are done.

If it works; fantastic. If not, go to where your backup is and restore your tablet back to how it was before you started. If you could report back either way, the information would be useful to other users and to the app developer (partner2) so that he/she knows whether or not it works on other roms.

Edited by ursulavasey

Guest ursulavasey

Thats great :)

Thanks for your help.

No problem, Sidders, happy to help. Can you let us know if it works or not, so that other people can make use of the information, please?

Guest partner2

I don't know if it will work with Corvus, as it was designed to work with the Vegacomb partitions, but I can tell you how it SHOULD work.

He is talking about the honeycomb theme for corvus, not the ics theme for vegacomb. Those are diferent themes for diferent roms. The ics theme will not work with corvus rom and the honeycomb theme will not work with vegacomb.

Guest Sidders

Worked fine :)

Im now on Vegacomb and WOW, this is the dogs danglers.

Had a problem with stock browser crashing but i installed Dolphin HD and updated flash to 11 and no crashes in Dolphin up to now.

Big thanks to all the team who gave us these roms, great work.

Edited by Sidders