Media player selection issue

Guest martinmrocks

Guest martinmrocks

hey so basically on a normal day i would use "file manager" or "esExplorer" to navigate to where all my videos/music files are, select one the screen dims and a nice window pops up asking which of the relevant media players i want to use to open this file, usually for it is qqplayer, mobo, rockplayer, or esmedia. no problem there

HOWEVER

on a seemingly random occurance and simultaneously between both browsers i select a file, the screen dims a i get no menu. i now have to open the media player and use there god awful inbuilt browsers to find what i want and play it. this becomes an issue because rockplayer doesnt have one and the others struggle most of the time to see any mounted HDDs where the explorers see them with ease. anyone else get this or know a fix. cheeers

Guest xathras

HOWEVER

on a seemingly random occurance and simultaneously between both browsers i select a file, the screen dims a i get no menu.

When the screen dims have you tried switching to portrait mode? Sometimes the select application pane only appears when the Vega is in portrait - I've no idea why.

Guest IanTurner

We assume you're running vegacomb as I went through multiple reinstalls of mediaplayers and filemanagers having seen the selection menu sometimes before resorting to searching the vegacomb known bugs thread and finding the one you report with the temporary workround as suggested by xathras

Guest martinmrocks

Xathras your right!! Thanks so much. After I turned it portrait it worked. Also works in landscape now aswell.

Appreciate your help and I apologise for not mentioning what Rom I was running I usually do but must have forgot.

Thanks all