CWM error: Thoughts?

Guest glossywhite

Guest glossywhite

nope. The boot.img inside the zip file. Copy it into the fast boot folder and ./fastboot-linux flash boot boot.img && ./fastboot reboot

Okay. Gonna trash all BlueMonte ZIP files I have, and download one fresh and try that.

Wait here... LOL :P __confidence__

Okay, getting all muddled up here. Let's rewind a little.

Step by step, what do I do first? Do I try cwm again AFTER flashing boot.img? SO confused now.

Edited by glossywhite

Guest tilal6991

Okay. Gonna trash all BlueMonte ZIP files I have, and download one fresh and try that.

Wait here... LOL __confidence__

Okay, getting all muddled up here. Let's rewind a little.

Step by step, what do I do first? Do I try cwm again AFTER flashing boot.img? SO confused now.

Flash the boot image using fast boot. That's all you need to do.

Guest glossywhite

I long for the old Nokia 3310. Life was much simpler :D

Okay, so after I have flashed the boot.img... then what?

Edited by glossywhite

Guest tilal6991
I long for the old Nokia 3310. Life was much simpler

Okay, so after I have flashed the boot.img... then what?

would you have as much fun with it though? No flashing. No hacking. I don't know how I survived :)

Guest glossywhite

I rebooted into bootloader mode, using ./adb reboot bootloader... now I get...

matt@(none):~/Desktop/r4-4.0.1.4-skate-clockworkmod$ ./fastboot-linux flash boot boot.img && ./fastboot-linux reboot

sending 'boot' (4096 KB)... OKAY

writing 'boot'... FAILED (remote: flash write failure)

rebooting...

Is bootloader mode the correct mode in which to flash boot.img, the same as how you flash the CWM image in? :) (Paul's method). Do I have the correct mode? Which mode am I to put the phone in, to flash boot.img?

This is fast becoming a mess of confusion. :(

Edited by glossywhite

Guest tilal6991
I rebooted into bootloader mode, using ./adb reboot bootloader... now I get...

matt@(none):~/Desktop/r4-4.0.1.4-skate-clockworkmod$ ./fastboot-linux flash boot boot.img && ./fastboot-linux reboot

sending 'boot' (4096 KB)... OKAY

writing 'boot'... FAILED (remote: flash write failure)

rebooting...

Is bootloader mode the correct mode in which to flash boot.img, the same as how you flash the CWM image in?

yes it is. I think orange has blocked your boot partition. I've never seen flash write failure before.

Guest glossywhite

yes it is. I think orange has blocked your boot partition. I've never seen flash write failure before.

Do you seriously think they have the time OR knowhow to go to all that trouble, for a new phone with less than 24hr turnaround? :P

Guest tilal6991

Do you seriously think they have the time OR knowhow to go to all that trouble, for a new phone with less than 24hr turnaround?

Its possible but as you say improbable. I'm out of idea. I would ask on the blade forum I they have any ideas.

Guest wrtease

their seems to be a small battery under a metal strip ,this could be the cmos for clearing it to default in one of your pictures.maybe worth a go then maybe not .

Guest glossywhite

their seems to be a small battery under a metal strip ,this could be the cmos for clearing it to default in one of your pictures.maybe worth a go then maybe not .

Not even going there, but thanks.

It seems that the /boot partition cannot be written to, which is causing all these crazy errors. I wonder if rooting the OMC after reverting to stock TPT will help?

Edited by glossywhite

Guest wrtease

okay this might help ,why dont you put a backup folder of a backup on your sdcard then run it in clockwork and see if that helps.then restore as normal.worth a go.

Guest glossywhite

okay this might help ,why dont you put a backup folder of a backup on your sdcard then run it in clockwork and see if that helps.then restore as normal.worth a go.

That is the first thing I tried. No go.

Here is the about screen, with build; does it look okay?

post-625969-0-23999700-1319491552_thumb.

Edited by glossywhite

Guest wrtease

all i can say is this is 1 which i cant figure out,anyway can you even reboot in to orange main screen and run some checks to see if it has force closes.or just give up for tonight and try tommorrow again.

Guest glossywhite

If you guys need any info from my OMC, or if I can help in any way to detemine whether my OMC has a locked /boot partition, please do let me know!

Thanks everyone for your kindness and your time. God bless you ALL!

Edited by glossywhite

i would think if you can root using pauls superboot your boot partition is not locked as this flashes an unsecure boot.img...

give it a go see if it works...

Guest glossywhite

do the clockwork stuff again .then you should be fine.

If you mean flash in clockworkmod recovery.img, and then try to install BM... I did, and it borked. AGAIN. :(

SO WEIRD!

Edited by glossywhite

Guest glossywhite

god knows whats wrong then .you have tried everything under the sun and it wont let you install a rom.have they upgraded the nand on your replacement.

Maybe the partition map has changed; is that what you are getting at? That's what I had suspected... unsure, as this is new to me. Paul's img is 3.6Mb, but the other is 4Mb and won't work. Strange!