OMC /SKATE Can You Use Camera Flash as a Torch?

Guest FatLadZ

Guest D3abL3

I'm going to poat more info on this tosaay or tommorow.

Idk how late is there but here is only 1pm and seeing you write like that makes me say "Don't drink so much in the morning" :lol:

Can't wait to see the progress you made on this!

Edited by D3abL3

Guest tilal6991

Right. I've been digging around in the kernel and I've found the file that deals with the flash. Its intrinsically connected to the camera controller. What we need for the flash to work is for someone to design an app so that it calls the method located in the kernel which causes the camera flash.

Guest PedroVader

Now I'm really wondering what you want to use that torch for , way too excited .

If memory serves, he walks out of work in the dark, down a dodgy staircase. He doesn't want a real torch, and a keyring torch doesn't suit his needs.

Think that pretty much covers it, lol ;-)

Sent from my ZTE Skate using Tapatalk

Guest Wacky.ddw

What we need for the flash to work is for someone to design an app so that it calls the method located in the kernel which causes the camera flash.

Thanks for the info nico to see some progress on this, but that doesnt bring us any further since "someone" isnt going to come out nowhere and do it. I think there are very few people capable of doing this...

Guest tilal6991

Thanks for the info nico to see some progress on this, but that doesnt bring us any further since "someone" isnt going to come out nowhere and do it. I think there are very few people capable of doing this...

Yeah I know. That's the annoying thing. I have 0 experience in Java for writing an app so I have noooo idea where to start.

Guest admanirv

I have started as I used to write in j2me, I will pm you tilal6991 as slowly getting used to sdk etc.

I'm very busy at the moment but will start very soon. Seems it works I thought it would if you read my first post in this thread.

Cheers

Guest dadashi

Right. I've been digging around in the kernel and I've found the file that deals with the flash. Its intrinsically connected to the camera controller. What we need for the flash to work is for someone to design an app so that it calls the method located in the kernel which causes the camera flash.

any chance of using the flash in videocam mode...?

Guest D3abL3

any chance of using the flash in videocam mode...?

That would imply change camera source code cuz it calls the flash from the "un-existing" flash device in our OMC.

Guest FatLadZ

im excited because it means i wont have to sell my OMC as im really loving playing around with the flash files and getting a different looking phone on a regular basis :)

its just the flash/torch thing that is niggling me :(

Guest _Carl_

im excited because it means i wont have to sell my OMC as im really loving playing around with the flash files and getting a different looking phone on a regular basis :)

its just the flash/torch thing that is niggling me :(

Seriously? why can't you just buy a keyring flash light?:rolleyes:

Guest FatLadZ

Seriously? why can't you just buy a keyring flash light?:rolleyes:

FFS here we go again

BECAUSE I DONT CARRY MY FRIGGING KEYS WITH ME ALL DAY LONG !!!!!!!! (but i do my phone)

sheeesh!

Cheers D3abL3 lets hope you both can get it sorted :)

Edited by FatLadZ

Guest FatLadZ

well lighting has been put around the stairs so not as dark now but could still do with a torch for looking inside machines as i dont always carry a torch.

Guest SWOriginal

If your running cm7, add the power control widget to the home screen.. there's a flash mode on there ( only uses the screen tho), has got me through some places requiring a bright light ( walking through woods in complete darkness).. I have a whole home screen with the expanded widget.