OMC /SKATE Can You Use Camera Flash as a Torch?

Guest FatLadZ

Guest FatLadZ

nope gotta be proper flash and quickly losing faith here :(

i dont think anyone is able to do it as its a very hard thing to do and nobody on here has the capabilitys :(

Indeed it is not as easy as some people may think...

Calling stuff and working directly on the kernel is not easy...

A proper developer should be able to use the kernel and make some linking to the camera itself or even make the system face camera as a "device"...

Anyway, nothing is lost yet. :)

Guest admanirv

I have made a little bit of progress on this but will update as busy at the moment, looking at the Linux file system it may not be too hard.

Will update in time.

I have made a little bit of progress on this but will update as busy at the moment, looking at the Linux file system it may not be too hard.

Will update in time.

And how are you "making" it if I may ask?

Guest Skate Away

Seriously? why can't you just buy a keyring flash light?:rolleyes:

+1

Pretty obvious solution tbh and no risk of damage to the LED.

Everyone's a winner....

Guest Wacky.ddw

+1

Pretty obvious solution tbh and no risk of damage to the LED.

Everyone's a winner....

Who cares about damaging the LED its not like most people are going to use there phone for 5 years. I cant imagine its going to destroy your LED immediately :P Or people are going to keep the LED 24/7

+If all smartphones can do it the skate must two...

Edited by Wacky.ddw

Guest FatLadZ

admanirv you have just stopped me buying a galaxy s2 Tomorrow :)

a new hope.

im seriously considering buying a batch of led keyrings to drive over ha ha ha :lol:

there's no way it will damage the LED... my optimus 2x can record video with the LED on straight out the box

(like a torch) just like other phones & cameras, and if you think about it that's just the same as using it at as a torch just with out the camera recording...

things like this should be there already... it just defies the whole ''smartphone'' definition blink.gif

Edited by tillaz

Guest Skate Away

FFS here we go again

BECAUSE I DONT CARRY MY FRIGGING KEYS WITH ME ALL DAY LONG !!!!!!!! (but i do my phone)

sheeesh!

One day, you'll get locked out of the house - and then you'll realise why everyone keeps their keys on them.....

Guest FatLadZ

i agree tillaz it shoukld be there standard.

how you finding the X2?

i may invest in one :)

Skate Away i doubt ill ever get locked out of the house as we have fingerprint technology security system with iris recognition :rolleyes:

Guest Skate Away

i agree tillaz it shoukld be there standard.

how you finding the X2?

i may invest in one :)

Skate Away i doubt ill ever get locked out of the house as we have fingerprint technology security system with iris recognition :rolleyes:

All that technology and you can't invest in a torch ?

ohmy.gif

If you don't care about the torch function, why do you bother to discourage people who care?

I can't understand people who write in topics that don't care about.

Guest FatLadZ

its ok its because he's a tad special and cant really understand things very easily.

I find people like that you need to sit them down and say "shush" and draw them a picture of how things are.

Just think yourself lucky, as this could happen to you if you happened to be hit by a bus.

Just count your blessings that you "get it"

lol :lol:

NOW PULL YA FINGERS OUT AND SORT IT

:D

If you are looking for flash device within sysfs (devices exposed to userspace) you are wasting your time. It's not there :-) if you mean something else just disregard my post.

Guest Wacky.ddw

There's a nice implementation on minicm7 for x10 mini pro. Can use as torch or strobe.

I dont understand how we can use this? Or do you mean dev can take a look how they did it?

Edited by Wacky.ddw

Guest hecatae

I dont understand how we can use this? Or do you mean dev can take a look how they did it?

It's another msm7227 chipset with led flash. Just saying it could be possible