Renaming Clockwork backup files

Guest Sidders

Guest Sidders

Will renaming the clockwork backups to make them easier to identify screw up the restore? or is there a better/safer way of knowing which backup,has which rom on it.

Im assuming that as long as i dont mess with the image files, but just change the folder name the md5 sum wont be messed up?

Guest xathras

Will renaming the clockwork backups to make them easier to identify screw up the restore? or is there a better/safer way of knowing which backup,has which rom on it.

Im assuming that as long as i dont mess with the image files, but just change the folder name the md5 sum wont be messed up?

Don't change the backup file name - it's part of the md5 checksum. Put the backups in folders with a descriptive name.

Guest Sidders

I created a new folder in clockworkmod folder using ifilemanager and named it 'corvus' then moved the folder with all the img files into that folder. When i booted to clockwork and selected restore i selected the folder named 'corvus' but i just got a wrong md5 sum error, so any other way of doing this?

thanks

Guest Stokesy-

Don't change the backup file name - it's part of the md5 checksum. Put the backups in folders with a descriptive name.

yeah changing this will mess it up and stop it working.... i know from bitter experience :(

Guest Oldbarzo

Hi

If you use Rom Manager to make your backups you can name it before you start the process. That is

what I do.

Stransky

Guest warwound

ROM Manager also has an option Manage & Restore Backups.

From there you can rename them and presumably ROM Manager will do any checksum recalculation required.

Someone posted that they had messed up some ClockworkMod backups by renaming them and asked if they could be recovered - it was suggested to rename the lost backups a second time with ROM Manager to see if that fixed the checksum problem.

I don't think anyone confirmed whether that worked or not though.

warwound