Which rom to choose

Guest PJ77

which rom should I choose that allow MMS service without the need to enable data?

Whichever you decide... In the worst case scenario,you'll just ask your provider to send the settings to your device and presto - you've got MMS . (Some providers like Vodafone Ireland even have small apps that just restore the settings with a single touch...)

I'd recommend the clean CM7.1 port by subpsyke,but use version .3,as .4 has some annoying bugs (for example the bluetooth stack's inop atm)

Edited by wolf89

I flashed CM7 yesterday and we are unable to use MMS service without having data enable.

I don't now why custom roms are like this when the base stock roms this is possible.

Reverted to stock rom.

I flashed CM7 yesterday and we are unable to use MMS service without having data enable.

I don't now why custom roms are like this when the base stock roms this is possible.

Reverted to stock rom.

I'll take your word on it,as I don't really use MMS that much,as I prefer to use e-mails for that purpose.. I do hope you manage to find a ROM that works out for you.

I'll take your word on it,as I don't really use MMS that much,as I prefer to use e-mails for that purpose.. I do hope you manage to find a ROM that works out for you.

Yes, unfortunatly its true m8.

Also, leaves the phone way to laggy compared with stock rom.

Yes, unfortunatly its true m8.

Also, leaves the phone way to laggy compared with stock rom.

Sorry,but I find that extremely hard to believe as every single ROM that I've tried for the Smart has made the device more responsive,not less.. Either way,just pick something you're comfortable with and just keep an eye out on the alternatives from time to time ;)