Upgrade from modaco r12 rom to include fix for small mms images and outdated su binary

Guest Sanfrannoob

Guest Sanfrannoob

I have been using the modaco r12 rom for some time now and I have been very pleased with it but I have now had to reflash the phone several times due to the su binary being outdated, is there a simple fix for this?

Another thing that has bugged me about the phone since I have had it is the fact that when I open mms messages, the images are always small and can't be enlarged. Has this now been addressed and is this a standard fix on newer roms?

Since the my player update, I have lost the ability to be able to use BBC iplayer and I am aware that there is a version of flash that can be used, is this something that has also now been incorporated into any roms?

What I am after is a rom that includes all of the features that came with the r12 with the above fixes (if possible) that is current, stable and fast.

I am not adverse to upgrading my OLED gen 1 to a gen 2 if that is what is going to bring me back in line with the most up do date and functional roms, but I don't want to be constantly tinkering and applying fixes!

Any help and guidance would be gratefully received.

Guest t0mm13b

Swedish Spring? :)

Another Froyo ROM that is quite a good rom thus :)

MCR for the blade is history and will not be supported anymore....

Edited by t0mm13b

Guest deksman2

I'd recommend you switch to one of the newest Gingerbread ROM's... they should provide what you are looking for.

On top of that, you might as well do a TPT upgrade (simplest) on your phone to Gen2 or Gen3 along with an appropriate ROM for it.

It's very simple.

However, if you want to stick to Gen1, then yeah, GSF is Gen1 compatible and would be your best bet in that case.

There should be others too though if I'm not mistaken.

The BladeMix 360 with LauncherPro is something I would personally recommend. Stable, fast, UI is highly responsive (practically no lags), should also have a pretty good battery life as well.

Though your phone needs to be Gen2 for that... so a TPT option is something I'd definitely advocate.

Guest Sanfrannoob

I'd recommend you switch to one of the newest Gingerbread ROM's... they should provide what you are looking for.

On top of that, you might as well do a TPT upgrade (simplest) on your phone to Gen2 or Gen3 along with an appropriate ROM for it.

It's very simple.

However, if you want to stick to Gen1, then yeah, GSF is Gen1 compatible and would be your best bet in that case.

There should be others too though if I'm not mistaken.

The BladeMix 360 with LauncherPro is something I would personally recommend. Stable, fast, UI is highly responsive (practically no lags), should also have a pretty good battery life as well.

Though your phone needs to be Gen2 for that... so a TPT option is something I'd definitely advocate.

Thanks for your recommendation. I will look into TPT now and see if I can install the Blademix 360.

I take it that I would still be able to flash a stock rom if I wasn't happy with the hardware performance of the phone?

Guest Sanfrannoob

Thanks for your recommendation. I will look into TPT now and see if I can install the Blademix 360.

I take it that I would still be able to flash a stock rom if I wasn't happy with the hardware performance of the phone?

Installed Blademix 360 and very impressed, thanks for the advice :D

Guest deksman2

Installed Blademix 360 and very impressed, thanks for the advice :D

Lol... you are welcome.

Oh... there are other ROM's you can take under consideration.

CM7 for example... but I think it was still reported to have various issues (most of which seemingly do not 'plague' GSF, BladeMix360, Moldovan, etc...).

As for installing a 'stock ROM'... yes you still have that option.

You would probably have to revert the phone to Gen1 via TPT option for it to work of course, but to be honest, I wouldn't bother (unless you are returning the phone to where you bought it for warranty purposes).

Custom ROM's in my opinions have an advantage over stock ROM's... for one thing, you are relatively guaranteed to find (sooner or later) newest version of Android for your phone (of course this is very phone specific - but the Blade has a pretty large user base, so that isn't really an issue for now).

Edited by deksman2