Need help for solving a weird problem and reinstalling original firmware

Guest junelac

Guest junelac

Hello all,

Sorry if it's a bit long, but I'm really stuck, and I prefer to describe in detail my problem.

When I received my blade few month ago, I immediately installed a new rom. All was perfectly fine except a problem with my camera (the same as described here). I wanted to return the phone to the after sale service and so I had to reinstall a stock rom. It was not easy (more than a simple update with clockworkmod, I think I had to use the TPT method) but I don't remember why exactly. Anyway, at the end, everything was functional.

However, I just received back my phone, and they noticed that I had installed a non-authorized/official software, and refused to repair/exchange my phone. I was surprised because I have been really careful and reinstalled the root lock and the sim lock (and wipedeverything after that).

So my idea now was to install the official upgrade to 2.2, thinking it'll really delete all traces. But I discovered that it was not possible, the upgrade software from ZTE keep saying that it could not be installed on this phone. So I suppose it's the same reason explaining how they noticed that I had installed another rom.

I'm short of ideas of where does this problem come from, but I tried to follow the procedure to reinstall the gen 1 firmware as described here. I had no problem, as well as when I installed the swedish spring rom. But when I actually tried to reinstall the stock rom from here, I had this error message:

assert failed: write_raw_image("/tmp/boot.img","boot")

(Status 7)

Installation aborted

I'm really lost now and don't know what to do. I want to reinstall the stock firmware and then the official upgrade which is crappy but can mask that I had installed another rom. I really don't have any idea of what could be wrong.

Thanks for any help

Edited by junelac

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest hedgepigdaniel

That's very stingy of them. What I think happened is you used a TPT which used parts of other providers firmware. So it looked like it was stock, but apparently your repair people can tell the difference. The ZTE upgrade software can tell the difference, which is why it won't update (it checks to see if your phone is sold with that carrier and eligible for that update, and the check fails because you have effectively turned your phone into another version of the blade)

These files: http://android.modaco.com/topic/342403-flashable-stock-firmware-packages/ contain the complete firmware as distributed in updates by the carriers and can be flashed onto all phones. If yours is there (or if you can point me to the update you are referring to update so that I can make one for you) then I think that will solve your problem.

Guest junelac

what was your stock rom?

It was bouygues.

These files: http://android.modac...mware-packages/ contain the complete firmware as distributed in updates by the carriers and can be flashed onto all phones. If yours is there (or if you can point me to the update you are referring to update so that I can make one for you) then I think that will solve your problem.

Hey thanks ! I'll try that this evening.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest junelac

Sorry to reply late, I did not have the time to do the update before.

For the moment, everything was successful, thanks a lot for your help. I was able to reinstall the original rom+firmware. I successfully updated with the official latest ugrade from zte (just in case).

I will return the phone to the company and post a message if it's successful.

Thanks again.

• 4 months later...
Guest junelac

Hello,

A last update: thanks to your help, I was able to set back my phone to its original state. And after 1 year of fight with the phone company, they finally changed mine for a new one. Thanks again !