ICS Roboto font?

Guest t0mm13b

Guest t0mm13b

Quick question that remains unanswered...

What is the legality surrounding installing Roboto font a lá ICS default font into CM7? Is it free to use? what licence is it under?

Have seen so many threads surrounding installing Roboto which, by the way I'll admit, it does add polish to CM7... :)

Anyone can answer it as there does not seem to be a 100% certainty on it...

Cheers, B)

Quick question that remains unanswered...

What is the legality surrounding installing Roboto font a lá ICS default font into CM7? Is it free to use? what licence is it under?

Have seen so many threads surrounding installing Roboto which, by the way I'll admit, it does add polish to CM7... :)

Anyone can answer it as there does not seem to be a 100% certainty on it...

Cheers, B)

I'm pretty sure that if google were to release roboto on ICS, people should be able to use it for other means, especially for use on an GOOGLE ANDROID phone... tongue.gif

Guest t0mm13b

I'm pretty sure that if google were to release roboto on ICS, people should be able to use it for other means, especially for use on an GOOGLE ANDROID phone... tongue.gif

:lol:

No seriously, okie, from a perspective of Roboto font, how would you define 'GOOGLE ANDROID' phone??? :P

:lol:

(To be or not to be, that is the question.... ) <_< :lol:

(P.S: funny response HMZX... +1 from me :D)

Guest ColdEmbrace

How do you change fonts? ? I have looked all in the setting :(

I think you use a flashable zip

I would love to see a side by side comparison of current/robo so i can make my mind up

I think you use a flashable zip

I would love to see a side by side comparison of current/robo so i can make my mind up

Here you go ;)

Default:

screenshot1319140169305.pngscreenshot1319140158810.png

-------------------------------------------------

Roboto:

screenshot1319297106427.pngscreenshot1319296653234.png

How do you change fonts? ? I have looked all in the setting :(

The app. fontchanger is the easiest way

I don't see much of a difference besides the clock and the "g"

Edited by elinx

Guest Mushroom_Lord

I think we can all assume that its legal to use, assuming 4.0 is entirely open source, etc.

Font' s are located in system/font as TTF files. So you can flash fonts in recovery, pushing them (with the right file names) to the right place. You can change hem in root explorer/es file explorer, or you can even use Font Changer from the market :)

Guest hahawas

I doubt Google would care if some random people was using a font that they just created...They're not losing anything from it so why would they be bothered?