The Perfect Rom

Guest Amit.V

Since i have my blade i've tried almost every rom available, and i'm still not completely happy.

CM7 - definitely the best, as far as option and costumazation goes, but very slow and laggy on the blade.

GSF and every other leaked\official ZTE rom - much smoother, but still not enough for me.

There are only 2 roms which i find very fast and smooth, and they are both based on SKATE kernel. the first is WBAW's MCSF, and the second is Elitemovile's R9.

Unfortunately, they are both not developed anymore, since the developers find the blade kernel better, but for me the most important thing is the smooth scrolling which they are the best in.

The problem is that each of them has a few cons, and i think that a mix of them will be the perfect rom for me. i just don't know how to do it. so if anyone can give me tips, i'll be grateful. here are the pros and cons i've found in the roms.

MCSF Pro's

- Amazing Dolby Digital sound system. Much better sound quality and higher volume, almost twice as on other roms. As far as i know, this is exclusive to the skate kernel, so how come Elitemovile's R9 doesn't have it?

- AOSP Dialer, CM7 Keyboard and Languages, no unnecessery apps.

MCSF Cons:

- No Notification power widget.

- stock theme (not sure it's a con. i like it simple).

- no bluetooth, no tethering (not really important for me)

- no crt animation, no reboot from menu

- both roms have a problem with the back light of the buttons that goes on and off, but i don't really care for that.

Elitemovile's R9 Pros:

- Great theme, reboot from shut-down menu, CRT animations etc...

- Great notification power widget with wi-fi and rotate toggles (these 2 are the most important for me to be on notification drawer)

Elitemovils' R9 Cons:

- Lots of unuseful or apps which i don't like, not CM7 keyboard (now hebrew), no AOSP dialer, not as stable as MCSF - sometimes super smooth, somtimes a bit laggy.

- new music app - slow, heavy and sometimes the sound stutters. i tried replacing it with the old music app, and still stuttering sometimes.

- the most important - no Dolby Digital.

- no battery icon with numbers.

So if anyone can tell me how can i mix the pros from the 2 roms into one, i'll be grateful. is there anyway to port the dolby digital to the R9, or the notification power widget to MCSF, etc... if i'll be able to do it i'll be the happiest man alive (although i'll still miss the vol up\down changing songs while screen is off from CM7, which no other rom has).

Thanks, Amit

get the cm7 stable mod...download root uninstaller from market..remove adw launcher(but before that install launcher pro) and remove all unwanted apps.. max cpu to 750 and min to 122 and 16 bit patch enabled... there u have a rom same as elitemovil's or any other smooth rom.. with a battery life of more than 1.5 days... ;) tried tested and working...

i am saying that u should buy a high-end phone as the google nexus prime and i am sure u will be happy.

well i dont know but almost every rom is nice so maybe ur blade have a problem .Do what l2azor is saying and u will have a smoth scroll or what u need ;).

Guest Mushroom_Lord

Scrolling has recently improved in Cm. A few other performance increasing things:

Overclock

Increase SD cache size

OOM Tweaks

16 Bit transparency

Disable overscroll glow

Can't think of anything else off the top of my head but feel free to add to the list :P

get the cm7 stable mod...download root uninstaller from market..remove adw launcher(but before that install launcher pro) and remove all unwanted apps.. max cpu to 750 and min to 122 and 16 bit patch enabled... there u have a rom same as elitemovil's or any other smooth rom.. with a battery life of more than 1.5 days... ;) tried tested and working...

i've tried many versions of CM7 (with the smoothest launcher - launcher pro), and it's always mega-laggy. the Blade\Skate are much smoother without overclocking.

Guest popoyaya

i've tried many versions of CM7 (with the smoothest launcher - launcher pro), and it's always mega-laggy. the Blade\Skate are much smoother without overclocking.

How exactly do you imagine overclocking makes a phone laggy? unsure.gif

Guest Akash P

So this has dolby sound enhancement ?

No ROM has the dolby sound. Like wbaw said it's impossible to port it. So stop expecting it to come out in any ROM in the future.

Guest rockstarszzzz

Scrolling has recently improved in Cm. A few other performance increasing things:

Overclock

Increase SD cache size

OOM Tweaks

16 Bit transparency

Disable overscroll glow

Can't think of anything else off the top of my head but feel free to add to the list :P

OOM Tweaks?

Also - changing ADW columns from 5 to 3 - makes drawer scrolling much faster and easier.

In Spare parts - changing window animation and transition animation to 'fast' from 'medium'

Removing 'app label fading' in ADW

Removing 'catalogue listing' in ADW

Really dude, what are you talkin about? CM7 is laggy? PFFFFF. The basic ADW is a s***, but with Launcher Pro CM7 is really smooth :). In the LP settings go to Advanced settings and set Minimum Scrolling Speed to 100, and below App Drawer's opening speed to 10 and Screen Previews Opening speed to 10......... CM7 is a really good ROM, but not for noobs :)

Edited by Ronam

Really dude, what are you talkin about? CM7 is laggy? PFFFFF. The basic ADW is a s***, but with Launcher Pro CM7 is really smooth :). In the LP settings go to Advanced settings and set Minimum Scrolling Speed to 100, and below App Drawer's opening speed to 10 and Screen Previews Opening speed to 10......... CM7 is a really good ROM, but not for noobs :)

+1

And the Battery life is not that bad either

I mean you can still get 2 days out of it

thanks for all of your answers.

* i've tred both blade mix and moldovan - they are just like every other leaked\official blade rom - stable and fast, but not enough for me.

* I'm so tired of hearing "CM7 is actually fast right now". i've heard it too many times and tries to switch back to katest nightly just to discover that it is still as laggy as hell. i'm not using OC. i dob't think we should use it. it drains the battery, and although i don't think that high clock speed is needed for scrolling on facebook or on the menus.

* only thing i didn't understand - where did the DOLBY came from? if it's from the skate core, how come there is no dolby on Elitemovil's R9? anyway, that's a real deal braker for me. after using MCSF fo r a while, going back to a sound without dolby is too much for me. for now i went back to MCSF. the difference is amazing. the sound is unbelievable. it's even not that bad VIA the speaker, and everything works so fast and smooth. i just wish i could find a way to install the notification power widget from elitemovil's on it...

* i forgot to mention that R9 doesn't even have A2SD support, which is a big NO NO

Edited by Amit.V

Guest rockstarszzzz

* i've tred both blade mix and moldovan - they are just like every other leaked\official blade rom - stable and fast, but not enough for me.

* I'm so tired of hearing "CM7 is actually fast right now". i've heard it too many times and tries to switch back to katest nightly just to discover that it is still as laggy as hell. i'm not using OC. i dob't think we should use it. it drains the battery, and although i don't think that high clock speed is needed for scrolling on facebook or on the menus.

* only thing i didn't understand - where did the DOLBY came from? if it's from the skate core, how come there is no dolby on Elitemovil's R9? anyway, that's a real deal braker for me. after using MCSF fo r a while, going back to a sound without dolby is too much for me. for now i went back to MCSF. the difference is amazing. the sound is unbelievable. it's even not that bad VIA the speaker, and everything works so fast and smooth. i just wish i could find a way to install the notification power widget from elitemovil's on it...

* i forgot to mention that R9 doesn't even have A2SD support, which is a big NO NO

You can live without bluetooth but not without Dolby?

Guest popoyaya

OOM Tweaks?

Also - changing ADW columns from 5 to 3 - makes drawer scrolling much faster and easier.

In Spare parts - changing window animation and transition animation to 'fast' from 'medium'

Removing 'app label fading' in ADW

Removing 'catalogue listing' in ADW

Are you referring to ADWex here?

ADW columns are 4 by default, not 5, for both home screen and drawer. Are you talking about Landscape mode here?

There's no such setting as "app label fading", where is it in settings?

The only mention of catalogs i can find is "show catalogs navigation buttons" in UI Settings > Main Dock > Advanced Settings

i don't think that high clock speed is needed for scrolling on facebook or on the menus.

seriously, what? set ur cpu to 245mhz or other speeds lower than stock speed and see the scrolling performance. period.

Edited by l2azor

You can live without bluetooth but not without Dolby?

Exactly. i have the blade for almost half a year and i've never used BT even once. Dolby digital is really amazing - twice the volume, and the quality is almost as awsome as in my cowon\iaudio mp3 player.

Guest unrandomsam

No ROM has the dolby sound. Like wbaw said it's impossible to port it. So stop expecting it to come out in any ROM in the future.

Monte Carlo Stir Fry has it