Dolby sound on Blade?

Guest Sami Beck

I thought wbaw said something about the location somewhere, but only found this post above. I suggest jdgui and dex2jar, gives quite readable results at least for apps, don't know how good it works with the framework. I will have a look myself, but I'd bet it's in the libs. Please share if you find something.

Guest unrandomsam

I'm just wondering where the actual files are located is it kernel based or a lib or apk? I may try to port it too 2.3.5

Getting the skate 2.3.5 to the point that Monte Carlo Stir Fry is at is fairly easy.

How do you intend to fix Bluetooth ?

Okay guys, some news. I used dex2jar and jdgui to look inside the settings.apk. That pointed to the AudioManager, which is compiled into the framework.jar. A little work with apktool, and the AudioManager pointed to AudioService, which is inside framework.jar, too.

AudioService points to AudioSystem, which is, you guessed it, inside framework.jar. And here is the problem, it seams to call native methods I don't know where to find:

.method public static native Dolby_SetEnable(I)I

.end method

Any advise? Most important code attached, but nothing important.

dolby.txt

Edited by FelixL

Guest popoyaya

Nice bit of detective work FelixL.

Having not yet experienced dolby on my phone I'd like to know what it actually does to the sound to "enhance" it?

From what I gather it boosts the volume and makes the sound "richer".

As somewhat of a flac collecting audiophile I appreciate music in as pure and natural form as possible without processing that alters it's natural signature, timbre, stereo imaging, etc. Having said that, with the audio DSP on the Blade being as crappy as it is maybe some high quality augmentation is a good thing.

Okay guys, some news. I used dex2jar and jdgui to look inside the settings.apk. That pointed to the AudioManager, which is compiled into the framework.jar. A little work with apktool, and the AudioManager pointed to AudioService, which is inside framework.jar, too.

AudioService points to AudioSystem, which is, you guessed it, inside framework.jar. And here is the problem, it seams to call native methods I don't know where to find:

.method public static native Dolby_SetEnable(I)I

.end method

Any advise? Most important code attached, but nothing important.

I think native methods mean they are in some libs, probably a .so file.

Just before I can't find it anymore, am not at my own laptop right now.

They found exactly the same things, and references in libandroid_runtime.so, libmedia.so, libaudioflinger.so.

Will have a look at those later tonight.

Anybody knows how to best decompile a .so (for arm_v6)?

Good news :)

felixl@ubuntu:~/android/system/prebuilt/linux-x86/toolchain/arm-eabi-4.3.1/bin$ ./arm-eabi-objdump -S '/media/66C8741EC873EB27/Dokumente und Einstellungen/FelixL/Desktop/Android/ZTE Blade (Orange San Francisco)/GSF b20 Dolby/Original/system/lib/libmedia.so' > libmedia.txt

00035130 <_ZN7android11AudioSystem15Dolby_SetEnableEi>:

35130: b570 push {r4, r5, r6, lr}

35132: 1c06 adds r6, r0, #0

35134: f7ff febc bl 34eb0 <_ZN7android11AudioSystem17get_audio_flingerEv>

35138: 4c0e ldr r4, [pc, #56] (35174 <_ZN7android11AudioSystem15Dolby_SetEnableEi+0x44>)

3513a: 4a0f ldr r2, [pc, #60] (35178 <_ZN7android11AudioSystem15Dolby_SetEnableEi+0x48>)

It's in there, maybe not everything, but parts :)

Will have a look at audioflinger now. Anybody good in assembler?

libmedia.txt

Guest CHUMBLY

I have been running MCSF 1 because of dolby and wondered what would happen if i installed another rom without wiping anything. Ive just done this with GSF 20 and still got dolby but running GSF. I would be interested to know if this works with other roms.

PS totally stable so far

....GSF 20 is not like the other GSFs, it is based on the OMC-Port and practically the first version of MCSF. Try it with any other ROM, and the files will be overwritten. You could try to swap the framework.jar, Settings.apk and libmedia.so, but I don't think it would work. Worth a try though. Don't even know if framework.jar is swappable between ROMs.

Edited by FelixL

Guest eucurto

It says "THIS IS FOR THE HTC DESIRE HD ONLY". Does it anyways work for Blade?

it also says:

"I'm working on an update.zip that will bring Dolby Mobile to other phones as well, but with exams coming up, you'll have to just stay tuned!"

GREAT!!!!!

Guest shmizan

follow that thread and see that he said

"Good point! It will have to v7 only then. I just need aic3254 and it will work

Sent from my Desire HD using xda premium"

badword ARMv6.......

Guest popoyaya

follow that thread and see that he said

"Good point! It will have to v7 only then. I just need aic3254 and it will work

Sent from my Desire HD using xda premium"

badword ARMv6.......

We have the necessary ARMv6 files so it's doable.

I'm the user de_annere over there, by the way.

His hack won't work for us, and he doesn't seam to like my question which ways he is trying. I'm stuck until somebody tells me what to do with the code I found.