Farewell to Pulse

Guest de_shepherd

Guest de_shepherd

Been using a T-Mobile Pulse for almost 2 years - bought it when T-Mobile dropped price in a one day "33% off PAYG" sale (which co-incidently was on my birthday!) for £90 on the basis that I was looking at moving to an Android phone and at that price I could afford for it to be a disappointment ... however it wasn't and I went through the process of waiting for the "reading next month" 2.1 upgrade for months and since then been through FLB ROMs and ended up on CM6.1

Anyway, experienced convinced me that Android was the way to go but had been noticing that the Pulse was struggling (probably due to swapping to SD etc) so had been on the lookout for a more recent phone at a good price. Eventually made the move last week and picked up an Xperia Play for £179.

Difference between Pulse (ARM v6 @ 690MHz overclocked) and the Play (ARM v7 @ 1GHz) is amazing - so smooth, runs flash etc etc. (Plus, has bonus of "playstation" controls and a bunch of free games in a promo package at the moment) Also, I'm on a TMobile PAYG SIM and with the Play I'm getting HSPA connectivity (speedtest reports 1.8Mb/s) which I never saw on the Pulse.

Overall for its price the Pulse was amazing, not least because of what people in places like here did to support and extend its capabilities but having moved on to something newer (even though the play is a generation behind the latest dual core models) its clear it is just how far it had fallen behind the current state of play.

Anyway, thanks for all who contributed to making the Pulse a viable phone for the past 2 years!

Guest h3dshot

I'd rather buy dual-core LG G2X for the same price, though I'm in US...

yep its cheaper than buying the experia in the uk too, and has better specs :)

anyway if this was a facebook status i would like it :) i too am moving from the pulse, currently browsing ebay for a galaxy s, been outbid on 5 lol :(