Can anyone recommend a decent car holder?

Guest davey4444

Guest davey4444

I know that a standard holder can be picked up for a few pounds these days but I'm after something on a suction cup and has an area for the camera to point through so that I can use DailyRoads Voyager. I'm probably not going to splash out on a Brodit-style system but don't mind paying for something which is up to the job.

Cheers.

I'm using the Brodit Car Clip for the Optimus 2x. It's a bit more expensive than the LG car cradle, but it clips on your center air conditioning exhaust rather than the windshield, and is a permanent and very durable solution. I'd buy again anytime!

Guest pawilson78

Try original LG-P990 Car Cradle. Its called SCS-410 on ebay or amazon. Easy to find and it works great, using it with my BMW

Same as, apart from the Beemer! Plus it comes with an in car charger.

Guest mankian

Go for the LG official one. Ebay generic ones are complete shite that not only are just s*** in every way possible but will only last a bout 20 minutes.

Guest pawilson78

Sounds like the official one is good to go for then. Ebay shows them at just under £20, does that sound right?

Sounds about right. And of all the cradles I've used in the past, this one is very sturdy and actually well designed,

Guest pawilson78

The only drawback of the official car holder is that does not fit if I use a cover, I suppose. Can you confirm?

Yes that's true. But then unless you go for something like a Clingo I can't say I've found any device specific cradles that support the phone with a cover. The generic cradles obviously do, but they look horrible!

Can't say it bothers me though having to clip the phone out of the LG hard case, but then I don't use the cradle that often.