Android Market

Guest rockstarszzzz

Guest rockstarszzzz

Anyone got 3.3.11 updated automatically?

If so do you notice any difference in scrolling?

There are a few UI tweaks. New icon for android market, smaller fonts in market. You get to see a 'graph' for app ratings.

But major changes are in the settings menu. Now we can select what apps we want auto update all together. We can also select if we want to update apps only when connected to Wifi so that saves on data plans. Also, it gives us an option to automatically add icons on desktop as soon as we download an app. Ofcourse we can untick the options if we want them to stay in app drawer only.

Apk is attached in case you haven't got new market. Hope the ROM devs including CM7 team will include this 3.3.11 instead of 3.1.5

Market-3.3.11.zip

Guest t0mm13b

Apk is attached in case you haven't got new market. Hope the ROM devs including CM7 team will include this 3.3.11 instead of 3.1.5

Why don't you update the gapps zip to include that APK? :)

It is not for ROM devs/CM7 team to bundle the market apk into the ROMs as that would be violation of Google's copyright and get a nice 'cease and desist' letter from google lawyers. :)

Guest rockstarszzzz

Why don't you update the gapps zip to include that APK? :)

It is not for ROM devs/CM7 team to bundle the market apk into the ROMs as that would be violation of Google's copyright and get a nice 'cease and desist' letter from google lawyers. :)

I thought only CM7 devs din't include those gapps. Don't the other ROMs floating around already have market, gmail etc in them? :s

Also, are you suggesting to update the gapps zip that is downloadable for the mass i.e. via rom manager?

I've already uninstalled my market from CM7 and replaced it with new one. That's when I found out about the difference between the two. Do you know how do I go about making this new gapps.zip so that people can grab it off Rom Manager?

Or if anyone knows how to do it, please make one available so others get the benefit from it. Meanwhile, off I go to learn how to edit and send it off to ROM Manager!

Guest Akash P

Anyone got 3.3.11 updated automatically?

If so do you notice any difference in scrolling?

There are a few UI tweaks. New icon for android market, smaller fonts in market. You get to see a 'graph' for app ratings.

But major changes are in the settings menu. Now we can select what apps we want auto update all together. We can also select if we want to update apps only when connected to Wifi so that saves on data plans. Also, it gives us an option to automatically add icons on desktop as soon as we download an app. Ofcourse we can untick the options if we want them to stay in app drawer only.

Thank you very much rockstarszzzz.

Guest rockstarszzzz

Thank you very much rockstarszzzz.

No probs mate! Let me know if you find the scrolling faster. I think first loading is still slow like older versions. But after that pages scroll much faster.

Guest t0mm13b

I thought only CM7 devs din't include those gapps. Don't the other ROMs floating around already have market, gmail etc in them? :s

Not that I know of but certainly it is illegal to bundle it with a ROM, it happened to the CM7 team - they got a letter from google a lá 'cease and desist' for bundling google apps with it. Hence the gapps has to be flashed on a new installation of android :)

Also, are you suggesting to update the gapps zip that is downloadable for the mass i.e. via rom manager?

Not via rom manager - thought I saw someone else do it here on this very forum a while ago?

The point of distribution of gapps is here that is found, there's one also over at cyanogenmod.

:)

Guest Akash P

No probs mate! Let me know if you find the scrolling faster. I think first loading is still slow like older versions. But after that pages scroll much faster.

I can confirm that at first load the market lags quite a bit.. few seconds in it is definitely faster than the older version. Good to market works pretty well on our Blade.