Bluetooth not working at all: DBus error

Guest Mr. Croc

Guest Mr. Croc

Hi there!

Let me first introduce myself:

I am brand new to this forum and got here via the Wiki-Page for the Huawei 8220 / T-mobile Pulse which was really helpful in the process to root the phone and all.

I'm 33 and from Germany. A geek of all sorts, guru of none

Now seriously:

I bought the phone used off of ebay recently and was prepared for problems related to this, but the device seems to be in good shape. A good deal in spite of a small budget. The first thing I did was to replace the system software. That pink branding is just ridiculous isn't it? After trying and failing with CyanogenMod initially because of the poor documentation over at the CM wiki I went back to the original firmware, updated to 2.1 and now to the latest FLB-Mod. The Owner's Guide on this forum was a great help.

Originally I tried CM because I had used it on my former phone a G1 without any trouble. After flashing various incarnations of CM +Google Apps to the newly acquired Pulse, I came here to start from scratch after realizing that the phone was not receiving any call besides the other limitations of CM on the Pulse.

After all, everything went well and I'm finally happy with my phone :-)

What didn't work yet with all different Android Versions I tried up to now, including stock firmware was activating bluetooth:

If I try to switch BT on, it sits there for a while and returns me to the settings dialog, with bluetooth still offline.

I tend to think this is a hardware issue despite the second-hand-device and BT failing with all firmware variations so far, but on the other hand I'm not experienced enough to be sure.

So I took a logcat of the process, maybe there is someone around here, smarter than me, to help me track down the problem?

Here's the Log (filtered term "bluetooth"):

I/ActivityManager( 1235): Starting activity: Intent { act=android.intent.action.MAIN cmp=com.android.settings/.bluetooth.BluetoothSettings }

I/ActivityManager( 1235): Displayed activity com.android.settings/.bluetooth.BluetoothSettings: 501 ms (total 501 ms)

I/ActivityManager( 1235): Start proc com.huawei.bluetooth.spp for broadcast com.huawei.bluetooth.spp/.BluetoothSppReceiver: pid=5041 uid=1000 gids={3003, 3002, 3001}

V/BluetoothEventRedirector( 4894): Received android.bluetooth.adapter.action.STATE_CHANGED

I/BluetoothWakeLock( 5041): Acquiring wake lock and disable keyguard

I/BluetoothSppReceiver( 5041): ########### BluetoothSppReceiver called #########

I/BluetoothWakeLock( 5041): Releasing wake lock and enable keyguard

D/AppWidgetProvider( 4894): receive intent 001 android.bluetooth.adapter.action.STATE_CHANGED

I/System.out( 4894): receive intent 001 android.bluetooth.adapter.action.STATE_CHANGED

I/ActivityManager( 1235): Start proc com.android.bluetooth for broadcast com.android.bluetooth/.opp.BluetoothOppReceiver: pid=5050 uid=10039 gids={3003, 3002, 3001, 1015}

I/ActivityThread( 5050): Publishing provider com.android.bluetooth.opp: com.android.bluetooth.opp.BluetoothOppProvider

E/BluetoothService.cpp( 1235): setAdapterPropertyNative: D-Bus error: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Disconnected (Connection is closed)

E/BluetoothService.cpp( 1235): setAdapterPropertyNative: D-Bus error: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Disconnected (Connection is closed)

V/BluetoothEventRedirector( 4894): Received android.bluetooth.adapter.action.STATE_CHANGED

I/BluetoothWakeLock( 5041): Acquiring wake lock and disable keyguard

I/BluetoothSppReceiver( 5041): ########### BluetoothSppReceiver called #########

I/BluetoothWakeLock( 5041): Releasing wake lock and enable keyguard

D/AppWidgetProvider( 4894): receive intent 001 android.bluetooth.adapter.action.STATE_CHANGED

I/System.out( 4894): receive intent 001 android.bluetooth.adapter.action.STATE_CHANGED

Any hints or ideas what could cause such an error? If I understand this correctly, the bluetooth adapter is present and responding but still the system fails to use it?

greetings, Markus

Edited by Mr. Croc