LG app ports for CM...

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest HariSeldon85

Yep Rusty is cool ;)

FM Radio is added today to CM7!

Also hdmi mirroring issue is solved.

So, Paul, try to port the camera app to CM7 please! Camera in CM7 really sucks...no stabilization, no 30fps in low light, many photocam bugs...

Guest thedicemaster

So, Paul, try to port the camera app to CM7 please! Camera in CM7 really sucks...no stabilization, no 30fps in low light, many photocam bugs...

that might not do anything.

if the actual camera driver is broken replacing the camera app will do nothing to improve it.

Does anyone know why CM7 has ro.product.model=Optimus 2X instead of ro.product.model=LG-P990 as it is in the stock ROMs?

As far as I can see this is the only thing stopping Polaris Office from working without popping up a device unsupported banner.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anil K Solanki

Hi Paul, I was just wondering if you had made any progress in this endeavor? A few important things have happened in the past two weeks, CyanogenMod has FM radio, and LG released Gingerbread source code.

If you have time, a quick update would be appreciated. Regards. Anil

Guest mankian

Ive just had a go at the Calendar. It requires some resources from /system/framework/framework.jar from an LG build. I tried patching cyanogenmod's framework.jar with some of these resources but every time i added one, it would want another, then another, then another, in the end im guessing most/all of LGs resources would be imported into it and there would be little point having cyanogenmod! So I gave up, but yeah its possible!!

Guest Anil K Solanki

Ive just had a go at the Calendar. It requires some resources from /system/framework/framework.jar from an LG build. I tried patching cyanogenmod's framework.jar with some of these resources but every time i added one, it would want another, then another, then another, in the end im guessing most/all of LGs resources would be imported into it and there would be little point having cyanogenmod! So I gave up, but yeah its possible!!

Hi mankian, nice to know other users have been trying to get the LG stuff working. As a matter of interest, and because I never used the LG ROM, I went straight to CM7 when I bought the phone. What does the LG calendar app look like? Any chance of a screen shot?

Many thanks. Anil

Guest mankian

I dont use LG roms at the min either, but heres a few links:

Its similar to the normal android calendar, it is just much more clear on which days there is and isnt reminders, that I find really convienient.

Also the LG calendar widget is FAR better than the standard android one

To have a look, go to: http://www. p h o n e a r e n a .com/reviews/LG-Optimus-2X-Review_id2652/page/2

(Paul, if your reading this please sort out the links, keeps putting advert removed in them all... which is a bit annoying!)

Edited by mankian

Guest Anil K Solanki

I dont use LG roms at the min either, but heres a few links:

Its similar to the normal android calendar, it is just much more clear on which days there is and isnt reminders, that I find really convienient.

Also the LG calendar widget is FAR better than the standard android one

To have a look, go to: http://www. p h o n e a r e n a .com/reviews/LG-Optimus-2X-Review_id2652/page/2

(Paul, if your reading this please sort out the links, keeps putting advert removed in them all... which is a bit annoying!)

Hi mankian, thanks very much for the link. I apologize, perhaps I should have searched Google first before asking for screen shots. I just assumed that the reviews would be very cursory, ADVERT LINK REMOVED.com however has excellent in depth views.

Again many thanks.

Phone Arena Review

EDIT; After posting the weblink I too had the same issue, all seemed fine until I posted the reply. Damn shame.

I just tried posting a web link, see above, and had no issues. Are you using the weblink button indicated in my screen shot?

weblink_b4fd.jpg

Regards. Anil

Edited by Anil K Solanki