Sleep of Death

Guest JOBooth

Guest JOBooth

Ran a few searches across here and XDA and didn't find a good answer. I got my first Sleep of Death on DJ's GS 2.4.4-3 beta and am wondering if anything gets logged that will help pinpoint what caused it. Anyone know? Please excuse my n00bness if it's an easy answer. I'm still learning.

Guest JOBooth

I am running SetCPU and have the limits set to 245 min, 1152 max, interactiveX.

This is the first time I've tried overclocking. I'll drop it back down if it keeps happening.

I was just wondering if there was a way to tell what caused it to panic, if it did.

Guest JOBooth

Running 2.4.4 RC1 and still getting the random sleep of death. Happened 3x since loading the official release of 2.4.4.

Have tried using SetCPU:

245 min, 1152 max InteractiveX

245 min, 998 max InteractiveX

245 min, 998 max Interactive

Now trying SetCPU set at 245 min, 998 max ondemand.

I'll update as I get results if anyone's interested.

Guest JOBooth

2 days on 245 min, 998 max ondemand with no problems. Wifi is even behaving perfectly.

Upped the max to 1152 this morning.

EDIT: It definitely doesn't like to be overclocked. Got a reboot within a few hours of overclocking to 1152. Back down to 998 on ondemand.

Edited by JOBooth

Guest lordmorphous

2 days on 245 min, 998 max ondemand with no problems. Wifi is even behaving perfectly.

Upped the max to 1152 this morning.

EDIT: It definitely doesn't like to be overclocked. Got a reboot within a few hours of overclocking to 1152. Back down to 998 on ondemand.

What wifi problems were you having?

Guest JOBooth

Final update:

SetCPU 245 min, 998 max ondemand is good. My Streak likes it.

My phone does NOT dig being overclocked.

My phone does NOT like Tasker. I had Tasker set to power down the wifi, bluetooth, mobile data, and disable auto sync at night. I noticed as soon as Tasker kicked in to do all that, my Streak would not wake up. Disabled Tasker and we're all good.

My Streak is ROCK SOLID on 2.4.4 RC1! DJ and Fards, YOU ROCK!

• 1 month later...
Guest Jonnie28

Hi

I am on my second device. The dim browser issue I can dealwith since I use Opera anyway, but the issue that is causing me the mostconcern is the constant requiring of reboot.

If the device sits for an unspecified length of time, moreoften than not lately, I am having to hold the power button to reboot thedevice. When sleeping, it seems to go in to a REALLY deep sleep where itdoesn't wake up.

Is anyone not having this issue? I am just trying to see ifit maybe software related, however, I am running the same software on my othertabs without any issues.

Thanks!

Guest JOBooth

Check my comments. I was able to fix mine with the following:

SetCPU set to 245 min, 998 max with the "ondemand" profile.

I'm also running the GXkernel at 1152 max with no problems. Stable. Rock solid.

more info here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1387155

I've also got autokiller memory optimizer running in aggressive mode.

Guest Technomenon81

I had a lot of sleep of death, wifi/data sleep (even when I had wifi turn off when screen is off), and random restart issues (especially when installing apps from the market) with SD 2.4.4 RC. I finally flashed the Gkernel 1.5 (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1360454) and factory reset and problems are very few and far between. I still occasionally get wifi/data sleep (turning on then off airplane mode fixes it) but I can keep the wifi on when the screen is off and the battery life is back to SD 2.3.x standards. Granted, there is no OC with this kernel but it is very stable (I haven't had a single random restart since flashing it). Overall, I like DJ Steve's 2.4.4 RC rom with this kernel, I think it's the best from what's available.

Ran a few searches across here and XDA and didn't find a good answer. I got my first Sleep of Death on DJ's GS 2.4.4-3 beta and am wondering if anything gets logged that will help pinpoint what caused it. Anyone know? Please excuse my n00bness if it's an easy answer. I'm still learning.