[ROM] StreakDroid GingerStreak 2.4.4 RELEASE R1

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest Rudeboy5412

Rudeboy which version of Olleh 4.05 or 4.06? If 4.06 where did you get a copy, thought it was pulled after some issues with super bricking. Tried what was offered on XDA by DSC folks but all three versions where 4.05.

see thread......[ROM] [iNTL] [WIP] DSC v0.63b on xda, http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1314898 ...............read down initial post and you will see link for Olleh 406....AND....the RECOVERY for 406.

I was using the olleh 406 rom rooted with superuser for 2 weeks, very stable no SOD, needed the extra oomph of DSC and GX kernal.

Read the ......[ROM] [iNTL] [WIP] DSC v0.63b thread and the GX kernal thread and you will see.

PS The olleh is 406, DSC is based on Olleh, if you factory reset olleh and flash the DSC straight over the top it comes up as GAUSB1A140614-EU

I think the GX kernell is based on 405 but my phone is telling me that it is on 406.

Edited by Rudeboy5412

Guest vanemburghj

see thread......[ROM] [iNTL] [WIP] DSC v0.63b on xda, http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1314898 ...............read down initial post and you will see link for Olleh 406....AND....the RECOVERY for 406.

I was using the olleh 406 rom rooted with superuser for 2 weeks, very stable no SOD, needed the extra oomph of DSC and GX kernal.

Read the ......[ROM] [iNTL] [WIP] DSC v0.63b thread and the GX kernal thread and you will see.

PS The olleh is 406, DSC is based on Olleh, if you factory reset olleh and flash the DSC straight over the top it comes up as GAUSB1A140614-EU

I think the GX kernell is based on 405 but my phone is telling me that it is on 406.

Rudeboy, Cool will give it a try, was running DSC with GX on top with 405 and was not quite right, let's see if getting 406 on my Streak fixes it. Thanks for the assist.

Guest mrmrmrmr

Does chainfire have any advantage on Dell streak ?

I mean if I use it , would it make any better performance with GTA3 ?

btw, ver 1.1 of GTA3 was released with more device and cpu support. Should I try that on Streak ?

Guest Spencershaun

Ok this is weird my dj streak has been running fine ever since I tested all of the release for the DJ until now. It keeps rebooting over and over again I made a back up but it said file not found :-( so I did a factory reset everything is ok @ the moment anybody had this issue if so is there a FIX ;-)

Guest El_Diablo666

Ok this is weird my dj streak has been running fine ever since I tested all of the release for the DJ until now. It keeps rebooting over and over again I made a back up but it said file not found :-( so I did a factory reset everything is ok @ the moment anybody had this issue if so is there a FIX ;-)

I have the exact same reboot issue, take a look here : http://android.modac...23#entry1869423, read from Post #22

Guest Spencershaun

Cheers for that info but I did all that when I've been testing DJ beta's his latest Rom has been running fine for a month or longer but last nite it just hit a reboot cycle and it just wouldn't stop. I cleaned cache wipped battery stats then did a DELL FACTORY reset and its all ok now fingers crossed I always got told never to use factory reset in CWM ;-)

Guest jaw2floor

What did you think all the recent GingerBread roms were based on? :P

Including StreakDroid

Nothing of note has been changed in this release :(

Pff got there before I was about to edit my post.

Sounded too good to be true

(I was especting it for region 00)

Edited by jaw2floor

Guest Max shaw

Gingerstreak is'nt that great when it comes to graphics ...Bad battery icon and signal all on top poor quality, sorry to say if just me with this problem :( .!!!!!!!!! current me please though selected Bios with "density180" and "Us180" on my dell streak .

Guest jaw2floor

Gingerstreak is'nt that great when it comes to graphics ...Bad battery icon and signal all on top poor quality, sorry to say if just me with this problem :( .!!!!!!!!! current me please though selected Bios with "density180" and "Us180" on my dell streak .

Take a screenshot and then upload it.

Guest trhildebrand96

Hi, I just did a complete reset of my phone before updating to GingerStreak 2.4.4. (Factory Reset + Wipe Davlik + Clear Cache (StreakMod) + Clear User Data (StreakMod)). All is working well, but I am not getting nearly the battery life that other people are reporting. I checked my battery and it says 4200mv when fully charged, so that's not the problem, but it claims a charge of >1% with 3368mv remaining. I think it's the batterystats.bin file that tells my Streak it's out of juice before it is. Could someone who's getting the insane battery life upload a batterystats.bin? If I could get battery life up, 2.4.4 would be perfect. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I think I may have deleted my baterystats.bin file from before the reset, but I might be able to pull it from a (very old) nandroid backup.

Edited by trhildebrand96

Guest Azurren

Look back through this thread. We have suggested some more complete roms and kernels to improve stability, speed and batterylife ;)

Guest kalanaya

does anyone here uses an extended battery for the dell streak and has it been detected and reported properly,

Heyyy,

yup I've been using the extended battery or a few months now. But I do not use the Android app that comes with the battery to mange the power profiles.

Normally after reaching the Orange bar or red bar my phone suddenly goes to a battery sign with a red (x) in the middle and then if you give a reboot it boots back on with 80% of the battery juice again as if you released a reserve.

But frankly you can not trust the battery gauge at all with the extended battery as I have had amazing uptime with the extended battery even having clumsy battery juice levels. I would say my Streak will run at full use (4 hours calling, running skype all day, facebook messaging and some youtube) for abt 15 - 20 hours on extended battery but it is always a practice of mine to wipe the battery memory time to time from boot menu.

Happy New year 2012 GUYz!!!

Hope to see the ICS rolling out on My Streak 5...

Edited by kalanaya

Guest cheaib_2004

hi

dear "Stephen Hyde"

i am new to android i bought dell streak 5

this the information for my device

Model Number : Dell Streak

baseband version : GAUSB1A135331-US

Kernel version : 2.6.32.9-perf

OEM Version : GAUSB1A135331

Build Number : 15697

Android version : 2.2

how to flash your ROM to my device

best regards

Guest mellojoe

Cheaib,

This is probably not the place to ask those questions. If you don't know hire to flash a ROM, then you probably need to start at the beginning. Read all the threads. There is a "how to" thread back at the XDA developers forum. This thread is for the specific development and troubleshooting of this specific ROM.

Guest Max shaw

hey .! guys what up this Gingerstreat 2.4.4 i can not use market download most of apps it says devise Not compatible..??? how to over come this .? and plzz guys i need proper Bios and etc reinstall Gingerstreak like what all programs and settings i must select as default for stable phone ...so hit me with some pointers !!!!.thanx

Guest Max shaw

Did you use a screen density other than default 160? I heard that can sometimes cause problems with the Market.

Nops i just used

density180

us180

portrait

noswype

settings ...but can u tell any better combination .????

Guest marvin02

Nops i just used

density180

us180

portrait

noswype

The bold lines install with a screen density of 180 - which is non-stock. Also you do not need both. Remove those lines from your install.txt and just use usa160 and see if you issue is fixed.

If you don't understand what the options are doing you really should not be using a custom ROM, IMO.

Hey Stephen (or anyone else that has this figured out),

Found something that for me is bad, in comparison to sd 24 - sd243: the sim card account or viewing option is gone. As a result, I can't add phone only contacts (ie google unsynced), which is a bummer, since I don't use googles cloud services and outlook sync through myphoneexplorer.

Is this a bug or a new android feature starting from 2.3.3 build 405? Is there a way to recover this feature, installing some apk from previous SD builds?

Thanks

Guest mellojoe

You don't need both density 180 and us180, as they do the same thing. Also, try the build with just us160 as that uses the stock density of 160 vs the 180 you are currently using.

Sometimes the Market doesn't like densities other than 160.

Nops i just used

density180

us180

portrait

noswype

Guest Max shaw

You don't need both density 180 and us180, as they do the same thing. Also, try the build with just us160 as that uses the stock density of 160 vs the 180 you are currently using.

Sometimes the Market doesn't like densities other than 160.

Yes.!!! i mange to run now 160 default ...works smooth but USSD is not working .? is that normal.../??