[ROM] StreakDroid GingerStreak 2.4.4 RELEASE R1

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest jaw2floor

I recommend everyone to head over to XDA, and get the latest DSC ROM. It gets constantly updated, is much faster and other stuff. With the latest 0.66b update I haven't experienced ANY BUGS AT ALL!!!!!!!

Hi folks.

Whilst I think this is a great ROM, I'm having a repeating problem that I can't see anybody else having talked about.

Wifi keeps malfunctioning insofar as it can be brieifly turned on, but will not find any hotspots and will then quickly turn itself off. The only solution seems to be a factory reset and a then to re-flash the ROM from scratch.

This has happened 3 times now, with wifi working OK for a couple of weeks, and then going wrong in the way I've described. It'sbecoming frustrating, as each time it means a complete re-install of apps, etc.

Any ideas? Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest CrazyKoala

I tried 2 installations of this ROM, ultimately my Streak happened to randomly reboot then that's it. Only reboot loop. The homescreen appears, then after a very few secs, boom reboot, and that again and again and again.

Any idea how to solve this ?

Guest de-kakadoo

The best rom for the streak is DSC ROM over on xda! No random reboots or SOD'S.

hi

i flash yesterday the gingerstreak 2.4.4.r1 and all looks well but today i got again an random reset .

i got thoose resets also with the orginal rom 2.2.2 and i hope that they gone with a newer version of rom.

anybody kowns whats happen with this resets and how can i fix it with the gingerstreak rom , to flash again an

other rom is to mutch work to restore again all my apps and data.

regards

holger

p.s. sorry for the engish i'm not a native speaker ;)

Guest Cr0njob

I´m very happy with this rom.

THX Steve!

My flash procedure:

• Direct from 351 EU 00 Stock Rom
  • Flashed AMS and DSP1 with fastboot (Win7)
  • Flashed StreakMod recovery
  • Wipe Data / Cache (StreakMod) and Wipe Dalvik Cache (StreakMod) under "advanced"
  • Flashed Steve´s GingerStreak 2.4.4 (install.txt only with the entry noapps)
  • Performed a Dell Factory reset (1. Option in menu)
  • Done!Boot!Great! 1+++++

Guest DJmonofunk81

Seriously.????? Guy this rom is big mess even the Built prop is too tempered to consider it Stable version the dear Developer DJ steve Killed the basic Echo Commands ..so seriously its one good of Cheap codes and Programming :D

And tip of the day try cook your own rom ...!!!!!!!!! and love your Dell Streak

THX Steve!

My flash procedure:

• Wipe Data / Cache (StreakMod) and Wipe Dalvik Cache (StreakMod) under "advanced"

Guest DJmonofunk81

Seriously.????? Guy this rom is big mess even the Built prop is too tempered to consider it Stable version the dear Developer DJ steve Killed the basic Echo Commands ..so seriously its one good of Cheap codes and Programming :D

THX Steve!

My flash procedure:

Guest popetodd

So go cook your own and leave us alone.

Troll.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mrmrmrmr

hi,

sadlyi I've sold my Streak , moving to a Galaxy Note.

now I have to delete my data on the Streak. What is the best way of doing this on the Gingerstreak rom ?

I tried to factory reset through CWM but I got several apps FC on startup.

Guest yellowhoof

sir i have a question,, if i upgrade my firmware ver 2.2.2 to a higher version will it be unlock my dell streak because it has been sim lock i guess. i cannot use any of simcards here in the philippines. hope some answer me

thanks

sir i have a question,, if i upgrade my firmware ver 2.2.2 to a higher version will it be unlock my dell streak because it has been sim lock i guess. i cannot use any of simcards here in the philippines. hope some answer me

thanks

The ROM on the Streak has NOTHING to do with unlocking it if it's locked to a carrier. If it was unlocked before there is no reason for it to not accept any SIM unless the frequencies are incompatible with those of the Streak's radio

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest HansA.

I've been away for a long time. Is this the latest Steve Rom? Has he released ICS version? Are there any other ROMs from someone else that are newer than this one? Thxs!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest rodrigj4

Hey guys i'm wondering if anybody can help me with this little isue.. i'd love to use my main menu and home screen in portrait mode. everything else such as apps, gally etc run perfect both mode portrait and landscape but main menu and home screen doesnt, only in landscape.. any sugection i shall apreciate.. thanks

• 1 year later...