[ROM] StreakDroid GingerStreak 2.4.4 RELEASE R1

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest Technomenon81

I had the same problem this morning.

Ok i've been rocking this rom for 12hrs now and it's fantastic (donating when home from work)! However one problem, I am a heavy sleeper and thus I set 3 alarms to wake me up. This morning my alarms went off no problem and on the final one I turned them all of and got up. After having my morning coffee and shower etc I took my phone off of charge but it was dead/stuck in sleep mode. I had to pull the battery and turn it on again. Any ideas steve/anyone? Thanks.

Guest Spencershaun

Just asking a ? did u do follow the instructions with clearing everything, then flashing the rom ,and doing a dell reset b4 it boots

I had the same problem this morning.

Guest alert_bri

Same as me nearly a week 4 me the "DJ"streak is running smooth i love it laugh.gif

Cool, what governor and frequency range are you running, and what kind of battery life are you getting?

Cheers

Brian

Guest Spencershaun

decided not to mess with the cpu left it alone, battery life well last n8 i charged it fully used it all day for making phone calls a bit of browsing twittering & txtn and my battery is showing 77% it has usally been lasting 2 days a push @ 3

Cool, what governor and frequency range are you running, and what kind of battery life are you getting?

Cheers

Brian

Guest mellojoe

What excactly do the US density settings in the install.txt file do? I have a US streak a was wondering if I should be using them.

They just note in the Build.prop that your device is USA and not UK variant. I think Steve might be on a UK build ... or was it Australia ... I forget. So the primary build is for the UK group. It just starts the language package in the US english vs UK english, puts the market in $ and not £. I don't know what other settings are included, but that's basically the line of it.

PS: 160 is the default LCD density, so I kept mine that way.

Guest alert_bri

decided not to mess with the cpu left it alone, battery life well last n8 i charged it fully used it all day for making phone calls a bit of browsing twittering & txtn and my battery is showing 77% it has usally been lasting 2 days a push @ 3

Thanks - that corresponds with my experience. I have a feeling that using other th an the default 'on demand' governor can cause the 'sleep of death' issue.

Using 'smoothass' governor and setting the minimum clock speed to 128Mhz, maximum to 1036Mhz I'm getting a stable result at the moment... I suspect that setting the minimum to 245Mhz is causing a conflict with the 'smoothass' governor.

I'd be interested to see whether others have the same result.

Cheers

Brian

Edited by alert_bri

Guest nystreak

They just note in the Build.prop that your device is USA and not UK variant. I think Steve might be on a UK build ... or was it Australia ... I forget. So the primary build is for the UK group. It just starts the language package in the US english vs UK english, puts the market in $ and not £. I don't know what other settings are included, but that's basically the line of it.

PS: 160 is the default LCD density, so I kept mine that way.

Thanks for the info

Guest AVEGOstreak

For I really need the ADK support for dell streak ,but it only support the Android 2.3.4 so would you update base of the 2.3.4?AND the framework folder should have com.android.future.usb.accessory.jar ï¼› \system\etc\permissions should have the android.hardware.usb.accessory.xml and may be the kernel also have to add sth ... If you do that for me i would donate to you .....

Edited by AVEGOstreak

Guest Technomenon81

If I remember correctly, I flashed the rom, cleared everything, booted once through then factory reset. I'm about to try from the beginning. Although, it's been pretty stable, I might as well try.

Just asking a ? did u do follow the instructions with clearing everything, then flashing the rom ,and doing a dell reset b4 it boots

Guest alert_bri

I was getting sluggish performance, even on 'smoothass' governor with Max clock frequency set to 1036Mhz... Just installed VM Heap Tool and reduced hall size to 32MB seems to have improved things a little, but Dolphin mini browser still seems slow... just updated Flash player, don't know whether that also helped - but the good news is my 2.4.4 is now feeling *much more stable*

In summary, try selecting "Smoothass" governor with Min 128Mhz / Max 1036Mhz plus reduce VM Heap size to 32MB (I used VM Heap Tool) plus make sure you have latest Flash player installed.

It may be possible to wind the Max speed up even further, but I want to get a good few hours 'up time' before pushing more.

Damn, spoke too soon... had my first 'sleep of death' by having the streak on charge and playing music over bluetooth from Mixzing... maybe a peak in demand while charging and running at 128Mhz? Will continue to test and report back.

Hope this helps

Brian

Edited by alert_bri

Guest friedje

I do have one annoying bug, it's the fact that often i cannot end a call.

If the other side doesn't close the call i have to throw my streak against

the wall..... For the rest all is ok.

Guest alert_bri

My second sleep of death... playing music over bluetooth while charging... when my Streak reached 100% charged - music stops, no response unless remove battery.

However, playing music and everything else seems OK while screen off - must be something to do with power management and governor chosen?

Cheers

Brian

Guest iT iS Me

GPS working with arabic..confirmed..

Arnt u getting white screen with the camera and mp4 videos??

I am getting the same White screen. It seems because of Arabic. I wish that Steve is working on a new release.

Guest Al Rahman

I am getting the same White screen. It seems because of Arabic. I wish that Steve is working on a new release.

صديقي شو منشان العربي ما عم يزبط مللينا ولو !!!

Guest Al Rahman

صديقي شو منشان العربي ما عم يزبط مللينا ولو !!!

Guest Al Rahman

Did u try to flash the zip without arabic install.txt?

Guest isitafox

I cant get youtube to work it just force closes, tried uninstalling and reinstalling from the market as well, also still getting problems with the wifi disconnecting like i had with fards last version. Other than that its top notch, get the odd random reboot but only when the phones not being used.

Only options are adw and bios boot.

Guest aLpHa K7

Anyone else having an issue with their launcher not remembering icon placement? It seems when my Streak goes into hyper reboot (4-5 reboots in a row) my launcher (no matter which one I use) seems to scramble my icons or just revert to blank desktops. I'm not worried about widgets as I know those aren't remembered due to just being Android. Minor setback since I only use 3 homescreens...

Question to dj steve.

Why are you not using stagefright in this rom?

Surelly this would be good for running stageui?

What are the references in the post boot file for mmcblk1 and internalsdcard for?

Just trying to understand how it works

Thanx for anyhelp or insite

Edited by mba07

Guest Al Rahman
Anyone else having an issue with their launcher not remembering icon placement? It seems when my Streak goes into hyper reboot (4-5 reboots in a row) my launcher (no matter which one I use) seems to scramble my icons or just revert to blank desktops. I'm not worried about widgets as I know those aren't remembered due to just being Android. Minor setback since I only use 3 homescreens...

I think if u force close the launcher app from settings the launcher will restart with all the icon/widgets...it happens with me...

Guest ashleyhorsley

I am having issues where my streak will reboot continuously for 4-5 times in a row.

Also I get stages where it will not receive any texts and I have to reset the phone in an attempt to get the to work....which then sometimes leads to continual reboots.

Any ideas?