Official Gary Crutcher's ROM Discussion Thread

Guest Lancez

Guest Gary Crutcher

Just flashed official KK5, waiting for craftworks :)

Where did u get KK5?

Am only working on KK2.

Edit: Nevermind - found it.

Edited by Gary Crutcher

Guest Gary Crutcher

Any chance of a no-wipe version, or do I just need to harden up? :)

It will be a wipe version.

Use titanium backup to backup/restore your files. Very easy to use. It's free on the market and my ROMs come with it already installed.

KL1 is out, according to Chainfire there's some kernel oddness with it though. Apparently needs to use the KK5 rootkernel at this stage.

or you can just simply use speedmod kernel.

Guest Gary Crutcher

or you can just simply use speedmod kernel.

Been busy with school. Just saw the new ROM. Am downloading it now.

Edit: [email protected] says the following: "Market time outs, browser timeout, GPS accuracy is off and I had a black screen with a hardlock for 1 minute just now which made up my mind." He is going back to KK5.

I probably will not release a ROM based on this version.

I will play with it and see how it goes before deciding.

Edited by Gary Crutcher

That's something you can expect from a development rom. However, I'm still rocking your kj3 now. Without you, I don't even know which rom I'm gonna use :) happy holidays.

Guest Gary Crutcher

That's something you can expect from a development rom. However, I'm still rocking your kj3 now. Without you, I don't even know which rom I'm gonna use :) happy holidays.

Am just now flashing a customized version...will see how it goes for the rest of today. If it goes well, I will post it tomorrow.

I registered at some point in order to download an attached file at some point.

I figure it's about time I make my first post to thank you, Gary! I stumbled across this forum by accident and was delighted to find that you had created a mod that had exactly what I was looking for. I have flashed a couple versions since then and have always been extremely impressed with each release and never experienced any problems. I am always amazed how quickly you release your ROM after something new is released and equally amazed that you are able to do such a fantastic job testing them so quickly as well.

Sadly I uninstalled KK5 as I experienced a problem loading my applications in the market just after I flashed. I mistakenly thought it could have been caused by the ROM due to the timing of the error, but found out afterwards that it was an issue with the marketplace itself when that didn't fix the problem. I'm going to gamble on stock KL1 for now to see how it goes. I'm hoping to find that KL1 works for you and passes your testing, but if I experience problems with the stock ROM I will happily flash your KK5 release and eagerly await your next release after we see a new stock ROM that is more stable.

Thanks Gary, keep up the great work!

Guest Gary Crutcher

I registered at some point in order to download an attached file at some point.

I figure it's about time I make my first post to thank you, Gary! I stumbled across this forum by accident and was delighted to find that you had created a mod that had exactly what I was looking for. I have flashed a couple versions since then and have always been extremely impressed with each release and never experienced any problems. I am always amazed how quickly you release your ROM after something new is released and equally amazed that you are able to do such a fantastic job testing them so quickly as well.

Sadly I uninstalled KK5 as I experienced a problem loading my applications in the market just after I flashed. I mistakenly thought it could have been caused by the ROM due to the timing of the error, but found out afterwards that it was an issue with the marketplace itself when that didn't fix the problem. I'm going to gamble on stock KL1 for now to see how it goes. I'm hoping to find that KL1 works for you and passes your testing, but if I experience problems with the stock ROM I will happily flash your KK5 release and eagerly await your next release after we see a new stock ROM that is more stable.

Thanks Gary, keep up the great work!

Thanks for the feedback.

Am uploading KL1 as I write this. Should be available in about 2 hours.

Guest oursoul

Hi again, sorry for my muck up.. browsing on my phone so didn't read the whole page.. was a bit excited to find your ROM as it has almost everything I require.

My question was..

Looks almost exactly what I'm looking for!

Have you thought about incorporating BLN support?

I think that would make it perfect :)

Cheers, Liam

Okay I'm just being thick this morning.. to be honest I was laying in bed browsing on the mobile version of the site and spotted this so switched to full version and replied.

Switched on my desktop now and washed the sleep from my eyes..

I've read more about the the kernel you've used and see that it includes BLN and lots of other goodies.

Sorry for making a mess of your threads today, I learn quickly tho and am very happy I've found your ROM.

Edited by oursoul

Guest Gary Crutcher

Hi again, sorry for my muck up.. browsing on my phone so didn't read the whole page.. was a bit excited to find your ROM as it has almost everything I require.

My question was..

Looks almost exactly what I'm looking for!

Have you thought about incorporating BLN support?

I think that would make it perfect :)

Cheers, Liam

Okay I'm just being thick this morning.. to be honest I was laying in bed browsing on the mobile version of the site and spotted this so switched to full version and replied.

Switched on my desktop now and washed the sleep from my eyes..

I've read more about the the kernel you've used and see that it includes BLN and lots of other goodies.

Sorry for making a mess of your threads today, I learn quickly tho and am very happy I've found your ROM.

Siyah's kernel supports BLN. Go to Siyah Kernel and search for BLN. You have to add the liblights file (I think, as I do not use it).

Guest oursoul

Siyah's kernel supports BLN. Go to Siyah Kernel and search for BLN. You have to add the liblights file (I think, as I do not use it).

BLN (thanks to creams), liblights is autoinstalled if the existing one doesn't support BLN

:lol:

I'm very happy with this ROM!

Guest juicejuice

KK5 is going well for me too. KL1 tempting but no time to do a full wipe right now.

Did you guys see this? http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1362354

Some guy extracted a couple of files from the Galaxy Note ROM which cause the screen rotation to look funky. Wonder if Gary deems fit to include such a thing in his ROM, although this would have to be considered a hack...?

Guest Gary Crutcher

KK5 is going well for me too. KL1 tempting but no time to do a full wipe right now.

Did you guys see this? http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1362354

Some guy extracted a couple of files from the Galaxy Note ROM which cause the screen rotation to look funky. Wonder if Gary deems fit to include such a thing in his ROM, although this would have to be considered a hack...?

Have not tried it but here it is:

Custom_Screen_Rotation-CWM.zip

Thanks to Imparator @ xda-developers: Custom Screen Rotation

Guest oursoul

Just added that CSR mod to the KK5 ROM and its lovely! Really sweet touch.

This rom is awesome, the kernel supports BLN already and the tweaks are subtle but just right. Got mine now running at 100Mhz min and 1.4Ghz max and stable using No-frills CPU Control.

https://market.andro...oid.noFrillsCPU

379501_2519180652666_1047754464_4514448_2028742442_n.jpg

Widgetlocker custom lockscreen with icons from the MetroStation icon pack.

https://market.andro...ts.metrostation

388292_2519287135328_1047754464_4514492_1354445811_n.jpg

(Torch, volume presets, yahoo messenger and voice actions on the sliders and on the ICS style circular unlock menu there is call, camera, unlock and videocam.)

ADW launcher customised again with the MetroStation icons on the dock and the best clock in the market, ClockQ.

https://market.andro...st.jakub.clockq

384897_2519286695317_1047754464_4514491_1451480728_n.jpg

Use the No Wallpaper live wallpaper ;)

https://market.android.com/details?id=no.wallpaper

Here's my applist:

http://www.appbrain.com/user/mistamatrix/samsung-galaxy-s2

Edited by oursoul

Guest Gary Crutcher

An ICS beta is "supposed" to be released this week by Samsung. When it is, I will try to get an easy install version posted ASAP.

Hopefully with the extended menu options - not sure about the quickpanel items as I cannot modify the source code in the lidroid-res.apk file, therefore integration may not be possible until Li makes the changes for ICS.

Guest juicejuice

An ICS beta is "supposed" to be released this week by Samsung. When it is, I will try to get an easy install version posted ASAP.

Stop getting me all excited! I've been missing ICS since I played with a Galaxy Nexus in UK last month!

BTW your screen rotation CWM ZIP works nicely.. kinda cool :)

Guest stevenz

A few people over at XDA have been whining about how unstale KL1 is, I'm using the CraftWorks version here (after my usual SEC-bloatware housekeeping) and it's rock solid. I'm using it with the fairly old KH3 modem and Siyah 2.5.1 and no issues at all.

One thing people might need to remember to do, is to disable FastDormancy by typing *#9900# into the dialer in order to reduce battery drain if their TelCo doesn't support the feature (most don't) - modem updates seem to reset this option to being on by default.

Now to try and get GTA3 to work on it with the PS3 controller...

Guest Gary Crutcher

A few people over at XDA have been whining about how unstale KL1 is, I'm using the CraftWorks version here (after my usual SEC-bloatware housekeeping) and it's rock solid. I'm using it with the fairly old KH3 modem and Siyah 2.5.1 and no issues at all.

One thing people might need to remember to do, is to disable FastDormancy by typing *#9900# into the dialer in order to reduce battery drain if their TelCo doesn't support the feature (most don't) - modem updates seem to reset this option to being on by default.

Now to try and get GTA3 to work on it with the PS3 controller...

I've been using KL1 since was released. Have had no problems. Am using XXKI4 modem without problems.

Have been reading much about KL1 on xda-developers as been following the ICS threads.