# cd /system/app

# ls

ls: can't open '.': Value too large for defined data type

#

It's a bug in XXLPB. A work-around is:

ls /sdcard/*.*

ls /sdcard/*.png

etc.....

If you want the special characters removed (ansi codes for color monitors), type: export LS_COLORS="" then press enter

LS_COLORS should be all CAPS.

Thanks for clarifying this!

Running XXLPB as a daily driver now. Good stuff! :-)

Hi all

been using LPB for a few days - no real problems but i seem to have lost the battery icon on the top bar - i think i lost this when i used HiAPN to restore my APN's - can anyone else confirm ?.

Apart from that seems to be running very good.

Guest Gary Crutcher

Hi all

been using LPB for a few days - no real problems but i seem to have lost the battery icon on the top bar - i think i lost this when i used HiAPN to restore my APN's - can anyone else confirm ?.

Apart from that seems to be running very good.

HiAPN works fine for me. No loss of icons in status bar.

Try removing the app and see if the battery icons come back.

If not, could be something else.

Did you theme your phone?

Guest Gary Crutcher

flashed this morning and it's been working really well. looking forward to Gary's release if it's not too much to ask :P

It's Saturday and I am at school - again!

Will download it and see what I can do this weekend. Finally figured out how to remove leading '0' for time on lockscreen. Boy did Google change a lot of code in ICS!

It's Saturday and I am at school - again!

Will download it and see what I can do this weekend. Finally figured out how to remove leading '0' for time on lockscreen. Boy did Google change a lot of code in ICS!

heh, so I shouldn't say that I like the leading 0, keeps it all centred 'n' stuff :D

Guest Gary Crutcher

heh, so I shouldn't say that I like the leading 0, keeps it all centred 'n' stuff :D

Removing the leading '0' in 12-hour mode only does not affect centering.

All I do is hide it from being displayed - I do not actually remove it.

In other words, I make it invisible.

Some day when I have time I will will a small program to allow the option of

showing it or removing it. Samsung should have done this in the first place.

Running XXLPH now, looks good.

The ls: can't open '.': Value too large for defined data type bug seems still to be there, though.

Also, Gary, did you theme the notification bar (circle battery) or did Samsung?

:-) Mikkel

Edited by Mikkle

Guest stevenz

Liking LPH, seems slightly more stable than LPB, less random lags. Cheers Gary!

I like the new 3D'd notification toolbar.

I did a sneaky and edited the script to stop it wiping the data partition, and it's been rock solid. I was doing a quick flash before leaving work and didn't want to have to set things up again :)

Guest Gary Crutcher

Liking LPH, seems slightly more stable than LPB, less random lags. Cheers Gary!

I like the new 3D'd notification toolbar.

I did a sneaky and edited the script to stop it wiping the data partition, and it's been rock solid. I was doing a quick flash before leaving work and didn't want to have to set things up again :)

Glad you like. I prefer the 3D quickpanel too.

Guest rferrett

Been trying this Gary XXLPH ICS rom after lots of people on the SKy Go thread on XDA stated it was boss! And I must say I am qu ite impressed.But... The phone keeps going into a massively deep sleep from which I don't seem to be able to wake it. It necessitates me taking out the battery and then rebooting the phone. I am certain I must be doing something wrong but b**red if I can work out what.

I have not used ICS before so I wonder if this is an ICS thing.

Edited by rferrett

Guest Gary Crutcher

Been trying this Gary XXLPH ICS rom after lots of people on the SKy Go thread on XDA stated it was boss! And I must say I am qu ite impressed.But... The phone keeps going into a massively deep sleep from which I don't seem to be able to wake it. It necessitates me taking out the battery and then rebooting the phone. I am certain I must be doing something wrong but b**red if I can work out what.

I have not used ICS before so I wonder if this is an ICS thing.

I have noticed the ROM goes into deep sleep and does take a few seconds (1-2) to come out of deep sleep. I have not had an issue where it stays in deep sleep.

Here are some suggestions: 1) after you installed ROM did you do factory reset? 2) if you added your own programs, maybe one of them is not working properly under ICS and is causing the phone to hang when coming out of deep sleep, 4)) have you tried to O/C or U/V your phone.

Theses are just suggestions based on feedback from others who have had similar problems with other people's ROMs.

Guest stevenz

I've had no such issues, I've not touched the voltages on my phone but I've underclocked it a little (down to 1Ghz). It seems to be just as reliable as the gingerbread builds for me. I'm looking forward to the kernel source being released so that GokhanMoral can get his hands on it and put out a Siyah kernel for it!

Guest Gary Crutcher

I've had no such issues, I've not touched the voltages on my phone but I've underclocked it a little (down to 1Ghz). It seems to be just as reliable as the gingerbread builds for me. I'm looking forward to the kernel source being released so that GokhanMoral can get his hands on it and put out a Siyah kernel for it!

I'm waiting for him to do his magic on the ICS kernel, too. Hopefully the source will be released soon.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest rferrett

I'm waiting for him to do his magic on the ICS kernel, too. Hopefully the source will be released soon.

You going to do a CWM flashable LPQ rom Gary?

Guest Lancez

+1

i love the way Gary did on all of his previous ROMs, stock theme with some extra tweaks. samsung stock theme is my fav, and i own a gNex and hate pure ICS theme :D

Guest Gary Crutcher

I am working on LPQ (with a multi-csc pack). Internet is soooo bad in Thailand. Took me more than 4 hours to download the ROM.

Summer school started today in Bangkok so my free time has been shortened.

Will post it as soon as I finish mods and test it.

Also, for those of you who want a really good kernel for ICS, check out Gokhanmoral's thread on xda-developers.

Here is a link to his kernel mods and what he has done: Gokhanmoral Kernels.

I have been using his kernels for months now and they are really good.

His thread on xda-developers is: Gokhanmoral XDA Thread

Edited by Gary Crutcher

Guest Gary Crutcher

Will be posting XXLPQ sometime tomorrow (Thursday, Bangkok time).

Will have 15-button quickpanel (Thanks to [email protected]),

CRT effect, removed leading zero (12-hour mode only) from lockscreen, etc., etc........

Guest Mikkle

Running LPQ now.

The ls: can't open '/system': Value too large for defined data type

error is still present, and the related issue with not being able to install app to sdcard is also still present.

I was running stock LPQ before flashing this version, and that problem was not present in stock.

Any ideas?

Otherwise neat and nifty as ever! :)

/Mikkel

Guest Gary Crutcher

Running LPQ now.

The ls: can't open '/system': Value too large for defined data type

error is still present, and the related issue with not being able to install app to sdcard is also still present.

I was running stock LPQ before flashing this version, and that problem was not present in stock.

Any ideas?

Otherwise neat and nifty as ever! :)

/Mikkel

Chainfire fixed the sdcard error this evening :New CF kernel for LPQ

The ls: can't open '/system' error I will look into tomorrow - time for bed as I have school in the morning.

Guest Mikkle

Cool, thanks!

Solved the SD-thing by flashing the new CF-Root with mobile Odin.

Looking forward to update on the other weirdocity...

Guest Gary Crutcher

Cool, thanks!

Solved the SD-thing by flashing the new CF-Root with mobile Odin.

Looking forward to update on the other weirdocity...

Okay, I did the following:

adb shell

ls /system/bin

everything worked okay.

You may want to try to download busybox from the market and install and update to most current version.

My guess is that it is a problem with busybox (no one else had reported the problem). Busybox will create a link from /system/bin/ls to busybox.

Hope this helps.

Guest HOOLIGAN

Morning. All seemed good. Restored from titanium. It says I need to update 80 apps but I am getting error (-101) in the market. What do I need to do guys?.

Cheers.

Matt.

Guest Gary Crutcher

Morning. All seemed good. Restored from titanium. It says I need to update 80 apps but I am getting error (-101) in the market. What do I need to do guys?.

Cheers.

Matt.

Hi Matt,

If the problem is about your SD card, see post #171.

Chainfire fixed the kernel which was causing the sdcard to not install apps from the market.

His update was after my posting of the rom as I did not have any problems until I installed Siyah's modified Chainfire kernel.

Update: When I updated my wife's phone to LPQ had the same error (-101). Turned out to be a market error. It went away after a while.

Edited by Gary Crutcher