ICS lookalike ROM

Guest Krste

Guest Racerboy

I don't think that's the problem, as I have /system/etc/init.d/21swapon. I dug a little deeper into the (trivial) script...

#!/system/bin/sh

swapon /dev/block/mmcblk0p3
...and found this weirdness. It assumes a swap partition that doesn't even exist (I only have mmcblk0p1, as VFAT)! Shouldn't this be
#!/system/bin/sh

swapon /sdcard/<swap_file_name>

instead?

i get a <swap_file_name>.swp file not partiton created on sdcard when swap is enabled after inputting commands which i assume gets used when nessasary

Guest SoftStoner
i get a <swap_file_name>.swp file not partiton created on sdcard when swap is enabled after inputting commands which i assume gets used when nessasary

Your script is different after manually creating the swap file and enabling it? What does it contain?

Guest Racerboy

Your script is different after manually creating the swap file and enabling it? What does it contain?

2 ways

through terminal emulator on phone

gives SU rights

su
set the amount of swap ie 100mb, takes about 50 seconds to create
dd if=/dev/zero of=/sdcard/swap.swp bs=1024 count=102400
creates swap.swp file on sdcard
mkswap /sdcard/swap.swp
enables it for use
swapon /sdcard/swap.swp
or on computer with adb connection with cmd
adb shell
dd if=/dev/zero of=/sdcard/swap.swp bs=1024 count=102400
mkswap /sdcard/swap.swp
swapon /sdcard/swap.swp

thats it

Guest SoftStoner

Well, yes, I know how to create and enable swap files in Linux. But I asked for the contents of your 21swapon script.

cat /system/etc/init.d/21swapon

What does this show?

Guest Racerboy

with me installing the swap-addon after installing the rom i get the same as you

#!/system/bin/sh

so i included the 21swapon in the rom before installing it and i got the same result

sooooo is created but does not exist at all hmmmm

Guest SoftStoner

with me installing the swap-addon after installing the rom i get the same as you

#!/system/bin/sh

so i included the 21swapon in the rom before installing it and i got the same result

sooooo is created but does not exist at all hmmmm

See? This is what I was trying to tell you. :P

Edit: changed it to swapon /sdcard/swap.swp, but it didn't work. I guess the SD card is still unmounted by the time the script is called.

Edited by SoftStoner

Guest Racerboy

See? This is what I was trying to tell you. :P

21 in order of, should have more than enough time to mount sdcard, maybe need to edit the scriptor make 3 partitions on sdcard, main space,ext3 and swap partition

EDIT: i`m no expert in linux but the userinit. and 21swapon scripts seem to need ext3 partition to be able to work.....................never looked at this before as i dont use it dry.gif

Edited by Racerboy

Guest Racerboy

NEW ROM: ICSv4 MOD ROM based on cm7 #257 at the request of freebee

MAKE A BACKUP 1ST

Kernal installed is Vamshi`s

installing the ROM will take a minute or 2, please be patient !!!!!!!

to change the theme of the rom to ICS to get the full look, goto app menu and select "Theme Manager" choose "Ice Cream Sandwich" and "Apply Anyway" reboot, done......

changes:

updated to latest cm7 rom #257

theme has been updated too

DOWNLOAD: HERE

Guest freebee

MAKE A BACKUP 1ST

to change the theme of the rom to ICS to get the full look, goto app menu and select "Theme Manager" choose "Ice Cream Sandwich" and "Apply Anyway" reboot, done......

changes:

Thank you!. You are the guy!.

Guest Sweety Jenny

MAKE A BACKUP 1ST

changes:

should any 1 let me know how to install this rom in detail

my current rom Android 2.3.4 mooncake nighty

Guest Rahulj85

just the way you installed mooncake nightly on your phone..:-)...the installation is similar to installing any custom rom..

you can refer to this thread where instructions have been provided by racerboy - http://android.modaco.com/topic/346723-roms-latest-237-cm7-racerboy-roms/

Guest plegdroid

morning sweety, not heard from you for awhile ,hope all well:)

Guest Sweety Jenny

morning sweety, not heard from you for awhile ,hope all well:)

@plegdroid dude i just met with an accident 2 months ago my dell's LCD got broken so i carry my dell phone to the dell center to repair. they took 40 days to repair LCD.f*** them off.

Guest Rahulj85

@plegdroid dude i just met with an accident 2 months ago my dell's LCD got broken so i carry my dell phone to the dell center to repair. they took 40 days to repair LCD.f*** them off.

yeah they gotta slow service..took 30 days for replacement in my case..btw sorry to hear about your accident..hope you ok now.

Guest plegdroid

glad you got your phone back, if you get stuck we're all here to help:)

Guest Sweety Jenny

glad you got your phone back, if you get stuck we're all here to help:)

thnxz plegdroid n rahulji.

I have installed ics v4 above.everything works perfect except market.I can't access to market n internet not working

I done by

wipe data reset

wipe dalvic cache

format data

format cache

format boot

format system

installl zip ics v4 n reboot

help out mastazz

Guest plegdroid

thnxz plegdroid n rahulji.

I have installed ics v4 above.everything works perfect except market.I can't access to market n internet not working

I done by

wipe data reset

wipe dalvic cache

format data

format cache

format boot

format system

installl zip ics v4 n reboot

help out mastazz

hiya are you getting the H indication for the internet showing next to the clock ect in the notification bar?

Guest Sweety Jenny

hiya are you getting the H indication for the internet showing next to the clock ect in the notification bar?

yep i got "h" icon but internet not working.I checked internet settings.I still have left 1.3 data left. after installling this ice v4 now my older backups not working. it sayz md5 mismatch not found.yet i m on Android 2.3.4 mooncake nightly n internet working fast n awesome

if u can solve my internet problem then this is my last rom ever I love it so much.

Guest Rahulj85

yep i got "h" icon but internet not working.I checked internet settings.I still have left 1.3 data left. after installling this ice v4 now my older backups not working. it sayz md5 mismatch not found.yet i m on Android 2.3.4 mooncake nightly n internet working fast n awesome

if u can solve my internet problem then this is my last rom ever I love it so much.

what you see in the rom is just a glimpse of what is yet to come in next few days..you only looking at a themepack..icecream code is out and developers on this forum are working hard to put a rom together for a racer..if all goes well, soon we will be running android 4.0 on our phones..:-)

Guest Vlatko25

what you see in the rom is just a glimpse of what is yet to come in next few days..you only looking at a themepack..icecream code is out and developers on this forum are working hard to put a rom together for a racer..if all goes well, soon we will be running android 4.0 on our phones..:-)

4.0 is not so easy to be done so soon,i support hard work of those who can develop it and make it possible

i agree with Rahulj85D:

i hope soon we will run android 4.0.x

Guest plegdroid

re the md5 error have you moved the backup( recovery ) from the cwm folder or placed it into another folder other than the original one it was wrote to? as it will throw up that as an error if you did, if you did just move it back to it's original cwm folder and it should work ok again. the internet, is it set to your provider?

Guest Sweety Jenny

re the md5 error have you moved the backup( recovery ) from the cwm folder or placed it into another folder other than the original one it was wrote to? as it will throw up that as an error if you did, if you did just move it back to it's original cwm folder and it should work ok again. the internet, is it set to your provider?

yep my internet is set to provider.

omg omg omg my backups were in clockworkmod folder but I have renamed all backup files which have renamed like Android 2.1,2.2 n 2.3.4

now what should I do. :)