[MOD] Custom Boot Screen

Guest Gary Crutcher

Guest Gary Crutcher

I have always wanted to change my boot logo - you know, the one that says Samsung Galaxy SII I9100.

Over at xda-developers.com, connexion2005 has provided steps how to do this along with a video.

This is very easy to do IF you follow the instructions. I watched the video, about 11 minutes, then followed the steps. It does work. See my before and after pics.

Here is the link to the instructions: Custom Boot Screen

BEFORE /AFTER

post-557795-0-28035400-1320639606_thumb.post-557795-0-04553600-1320639439_thumb.

Edited by Gary Crutcher

Guest stevenz

And usefully, virtually nothing that you can do will overwrite the image so it's essentially permanent.

I chopped up the original text and reorganised it with the starfield wallpaper behind it. Looks like it's supposed to be there but much less boring than the stock text.

Guest Gary Crutcher

And usefully, virtually nothing that you can do will overwrite the image so it's essentially permanent.

I chopped up the original text and reorganised it with the starfield wallpaper behind it. Looks like it's supposed to be there but much less boring than the stock text.

Actually, I took the stock image and modified per above picture then pushed it onto the boot image partition. Actually any pic you want can go there as long as:

1 - it's less than 100k bytes

2 - is a jpeg image

• 2 weeks later...