quick questions (newbie)

Guest browngeek

Guest browngeek

New owner of an SG2, which I'm liking so far. Am coming from N1 Cyanogenmod.

At present I've rooted my phone and am running the stock rom with Launcher Pro.

I'm liking a bunch of the features of the stock rom (well trying them out) and am deciding whether I keep the stock rom or move to a custom rom.

I do have a few questions about the stock rom, which I wonder can be answered here:

- With the pull down menu you have the options of wifi, bluetooth etc in the status bar. Is there anyway of changing these options (for example want to remove bluetooth). I know this is possible on Cyanogenmod.

- With the dialer, once I make a call it goes into a screen with a bunch of options, like, save contact, etc. Is there anyway of avoiding this screen and going straight to home? (incidentally you are given the option of "voice call". Is this something provided by your network or another service?)

- Autorotate. Is it possible to NOT have it working on the homescreen, but available in your apps?

Another question is there seems to be quite a bit of "Samsung" bloat on the phone. I'm going through the different apps, and am deciding which ones to delete. Am wondering, what bloatware have you guys deleted.

Guest Gary Crutcher

New owner of an SG2, which I'm liking so far. Am coming from N1 Cyanogenmod.

At present I've rooted my phone and am running the stock rom with Launcher Pro.

I'm liking a bunch of the features of the stock rom (well trying them out) and am deciding whether I keep the stock rom or move to a custom rom.

I do have a few questions about the stock rom, which I wonder can be answered here:

- With the pull down menu you have the options of wifi, bluetooth etc in the status bar. Is there anyway of changing these options (for example want to remove bluetooth). I know this is possible on Cyanogenmod.

- With the dialer, once I make a call it goes into a screen with a bunch of options, like, save contact, etc. Is there anyway of avoiding this screen and going straight to home? (incidentally you are given the option of "voice call". Is this something provided by your network or another service?)

- Autorotate. Is it possible to NOT have it working on the homescreen, but available in your apps?

Another question is there seems to be quite a bit of "Samsung" bloat on the phone. I'm going through the different apps, and am deciding which ones to delete. Am wondering, what bloatware have you guys deleted.

I will try to answer a few of your questions.

1. pull down menu: cannot change or remove items from stock rom. You need to get custom rom, make changes yourself or find a custom quickpanel. You may want to check out my latest custom roms @modaco as you can manage your quickpanel items

2. dialer: again on a stock rom not much you can do - at least I know of no way to do it.

3. autorotate: again, no, not on a stock rom - maybe a custom rom or a custom launcher will allow this

4. bloat: here is a link to what can be removed: SGS2 Removable Apps

Hope this helps