FM Radio is now available in CyanogenMod.

Guest Anil K Solanki

Guest Anil K Solanki

FM Radio is now available in CyanogenMod nightly 195. I don't know why, but the radio turns on Bluetooth. Perhaps someone more informed could chime in and explain why Bluetooth is needed.

Have fun. Anil

Guest Madsen Felipe

FM Radio is now available in CyanogenMod nightly 195. I don't know why, but the radio turns on Bluetooth. Perhaps someone more informed could chime in and explain why Bluetooth is needed.

Have fun. Anil

That`s common on CM builds..

Guest dp190585

Hi, what's common on CM builds? There hasn't been an FM radio before.

Anil

CM is not only for O2X.

the fm radio on my nexus one with cm also turn on blutooth

Guest Anil K Solanki

CM is not only for O2X.

Well this is the forum for O2X, and O2X users haven't had FM radio in the O2X builds of CM.

As I said in my first post, Bluetooth turns on, but can you answer why? The FM radio on CM builds for the ZTE Blade doesn't turn on or need Bluetooth. Is it a workaround for not having source code from nVidia?

Anil

Guest everett_psycho

A weird problem that but its a step forward at least, if you turn it off it cuts out the radio, still its better than the radio we had yesterday

Guest HariSeldon85

That's because it needs to be enabled for the radio to work. It's not a 'problem', it's how it is.

More in detail,

(tell me if I'm wrong rusty), I can say that FM Radio - Wifi - BT is the same broadcom chipset.

So, FM RADIO, need the Audio Loopback driven by Bluetooth chip.

Guest René Klunder

That's because it doesn't use the internet for data while LG's so called fmradio does.....

Edited by René Klunder

Guest Anil K Solanki

It happens, but in stock BT icon is not shown.

Interesting, is there anything else that gets turned on without the user knowing? And where did you learn about the FM radio turning on Bluetooth without any notification icon?

Thanks. Anil

Guest René Klunder

That's a risk you have to take (other stuff being switched on I mean /luckily it's only on stock and on this guys O2x where BT is on while it says off in settings lol)

Guest alvinm93

I've installed it this nightly, very good. But one day after, strange problem (battery indicated at 100%, no bluetooth, no phone...) , go back to stock rom.. :(

Guest Anil K Solanki

Back to stock? Damn, that seems drastic. I've not had any of the issues you have mentioned. Did you come from stock ROM to CyanogenMod? If so a clean install "may" be adviseable? At the very least the caches will need wiping.

Have fun. Anil

Guest everett_psycho
Back to stock? Damn, that seems drastic. I've not had any of the issues you have mentioned. Did you come from stock ROM to CyanogenMod? If so a clean install "may" be adviseable? At the very least the caches will need wiping.

Have fun. Anil

+1, I had a lot of problems going from mcr to cm7 and had to resort to a full wipe to fix them

Yeah it's hardly surprising, the CM instructions always say to wipe if coming from another ROM.

I was able to backup and restore my s*** when I moved from MCR to CM and most things were OK with it, luckily enough.

Guest everett_psycho
Yeah it's hardly surprising, the CM instructions always say to wipe if coming from another ROM.

I was able to backup and restore my s*** when I moved from MCR to CM and most things were OK with it, luckily enough.

I had yo take bizarre action to get my stuff over, had to install cm without wiping and tjn do a titanium backup and reflash the rom and restore the backup, I couldn't get titanium to port my stuff from mcr to cm7

Guest bollux78

Hi I installed 198 from paul´s online kitchen, I have the fm radio, but there is no sound at all. you can change the stations etc it detects the headset, and asks for it for antenna if no connected.

Is it a Baseband issue? I have 0725 from the official froyo kdz update.