extended batteries from mugen power for dell streak

Guest gingerhead

Guest gingerhead

hey guys!

I've dug these batteries from the abyss of Google:

mega battery for 4800mah for Dell Streak from Mugen

small one that does not need extra door for 1800mah

I've seen many batteries out there but never with this kind of brand presence that Mugen has. They're everywhere - facebook, twitter...

I guess, time to get one, cuz with OEM battery life I'm offline more than online

Guest Azurren

hey guys!

I've dug these batteries from the abyss of Google:

mega battery for 4800mah for Dell Streak from Mugen

small one that does not need extra door for 1800mah

I've seen many batteries out there but never with this kind of brand presence that Mugen has. They're everywhere - facebook, twitter...

I guess, time to get one, cuz with OEM battery life I'm offline more than online

I can see why you would want an extended battery but imo its not worth it at those prices..

An extended battery for my bros GS2 cost £5 and was somewhere around 1900mha

The battery drain is caused by something deep in dells kernels / drivers / something as the streak does have a fairly beefy battery

Same with the Streak 7, Dell cocked up

Guest JOBooth

Mugen is the ONLY battery I'll use, other than OEM. I've used them in multiple other devices and had only good experiences with them. I've actually referred friends to them as well.

Can't rate their customer service as I've never had to deal with them. Never had a bad product.

I'd say go for it. I've got the Mugen battery that fits in the stock door. Decharge/charge per their instructions, then do a battery calibration and you'll never look back.

Guest WakeRider89

Just remember all batteries have a life, if a lithium ion has been sitting on a shelf (dead per say) for a while it could very well be a short lived love. I've heard good things about Mugen, never owned one, but just like any other replacement battery I would buy like for a laptop I always get a date off the box from the seller just to see how long it's been sitting there.

You may know this already but just my 2 cents worth

Guest satanix

Mugen is the ONLY battery I'll use, other than OEM. I've used them in multiple other devices and had only good experiences with them. I've actually referred friends to them as well.

Can't rate their customer service as I've never had to deal with them. Never had a bad product.

I'd say go for it. I've got the Mugen battery that fits in the stock door. Decharge/charge per their instructions, then do a battery calibration and you'll never look back.

+1 :)

Guest PPCApache

Hey All

A while ago I was able to review both the 1800mAh and 4800mAh battiers, if anyone is interested they are here:

Mugen Power: Dell Streak 5 1800mAh Review

Mugen Power: Dell Streak 5 4800mAh battery Review

Currently using the 1800mAh battery as it fits like standard and I can use my OtterBox case.

Cheers

Jace

Edited by PPCApache

Guest gingerhead

Thanks for sharing this!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Dude_Virus

Hi Guys

I am using a Mugen 4800 mAh battery and need help in getting the streak to properly report the battery charge left. So far I have not have any luck finding out any solution for the same. The streak detects the battery as if it is a 1530 mAh stock battery and reports only the way it reports the original one. It drains from 100% to 1% in 15 to 18 hours and then stays stuck at 1% on which the phone still works for 30 hours.

I have tried apps made for extended battery like battery monitor which report battery % based on the mV values however as soon as the streak reaches 1% they too stop reporting and are stuck at the last value they reported at 2%. Have spoken to Mugen and they say that its an internal setting in the device which makes the device only detect the stock battery. Some kinda IF Block which check whether the phone has the original 1530 mAh battery.

I read about the same kinda setting in the kernel in HTC phones which was overcome by custom kernels with extended battery support. Any such kernel for the streak, I have tried stock and custom roms however no luck.

Any help would be appreciated.