Goodbye Dell Streak 5 and Hello Galaxy Note

Guest austreaker

Guest austreaker

Thanks DJ Steve and others for the rom developments. I hope you can move over to the Galaxy Note as I think this is the end of life for the Dell Streak 5 within the next 6 months.

I do have a Full Working Dell Streak 5 with the 4800mah battery for sales ( email me for an offer otherwise it will be on ebay soon), but this can wait until the Galaxy Note is delivery this friday.

My take on this is as time passes, the Dell Streak 5 will get smaller as new hardware will take over and currenty the Galaxy Note is more then a worthy successor.

Gonna missed this community forum though

Guest Azurren

Thanks DJ Steve and others for the rom developments. I hope you can move over to the Galaxy Note as I think this is the end of life for the Dell Streak 5 within the next 6 months.

I do have a Full Working Dell Streak 5 with the 4800mah battery for sales ( email me for an offer otherwise it will be on ebay soon), but this can wait until the Galaxy Note is delivery this friday.

My take on this is as time passes, the Dell Streak 5 will get smaller as new hardware will take over and currenty the Galaxy Note is more then a worthy successor.

Be sure to give your thoughts on the Note! I'm sure alot of people are thinking of doing the same thing ;)

P.S. Don't steal our devs :P

Guest (InsertNameHere)

Be sure to give your thoughts on the Note! I'm sure alot of people are thinking of doing the same thing ;)

P.S. Don't steal our devs :P

+1, we need our devs, there will be plenty of development for the Note, its a great bit of hardware, i would move right now if it were not for the high price currently.

Guest Stephen Hyde

I can say with near 100% certainty I WILL NOT be getting a note...my opinion on samshite phones is pretty well known. Only samsung device I may be getting is the galaxy nexus as its supported more by google and not samjunk

Guest austreaker

Sad to hear that from Steve himself.

The Note is schedule to have ICS update from Samsung which is better than Dell Streak 5 when it was release and we all know of the drama.

As for the build quality? unsure but I have use a friends Galaxy s 2 and it seem fine. In fact this is my first samsung phone so I will not judge it as yet.

You gotta give samsung credit for entering this 5+" screen resolution and powerful hardware spec.

As I am for advancement in technology, I don't trash any companies, I am more of a neutral tech nerd and will support any companies that advance my gadget need and so far the Galaxy Note IMO is a worthy successor.

I will keep this forum posted on my experience with the galaxy note.

Guest nystreak

I too would like your impressions as am also considering the note. I have a nexus s and admittedly its not as hearty as the streak. I also have my eye on the htc edge, 4.7" tegra 3 quad core phone.

Guest WakeRider89

How are you already able to get one so soon? UK? I'm in the US and haven't heard or seen anything about being able to pre-order.

Guest nystreak

How are you already able to get one so soon? UK? I'm in the US and haven't heard or seen anything about being able to pre-order.

You can get an unlocked note to work on att for about $800. Look on eBay or the web. Make sure the seller has them in stock and its not just a pre order.

Guest streak5

I can say with near 100% certainty I WILL NOT be getting a note...my opinion on samshite phones is pretty well known. Only samsung device I may be getting is the galaxy nexus as its supported more by google and not samjunk

I feel exactly the same way. And I am also considering Galaxy Nexus just because of Google.

Guest iT iS Me

Strange to hear that. Usually middle east is the last place for launching new item, however for Note it is already in the market and Arabic Supported.

Guest WakeRider89

Strange to hear that. Usually middle east is the last place for launching new item, however for Note it is already in the market and Arabic Supported.

hmmm sucks for me then... i checked ebay and did find it but i wont be dropping $800-900 on a phone. think ill wait till at&t picks it up so i can use my contract upgrade

The streak is a beautiful piece of hardware hugely let down by the poor support from dell. But with Steve's great work it's still have lots of life left, more than 6 month, I think.

I never a big fan of samsung because their equally poor support and use of cheap material and the hefty price.

Guest jonnybruce

Well I've had the note for a few days now and I love it.

It is exactly the same physical size as the streak but it is much lighter and much much quicker, and the screen is to die for.

So Samsung got my money.

Shame Steve's not coming with me - will miss his fantastic enthusiasm and work :-)

I am a massive streak fan, but I will never taint a good product because of who makes it, hell, I might even buy an Apple phone one day

if they made one bigger than a postage stamp and a model that less than 90% of the population owned.

Now, how do I root this thing?!! - google here I come...

Guest austreaker

OK, received it yesterday and have been playing as much as possible

My feedback is WOW, if you love the Streak, you would fall in love again twice. It is just that brilliant.

One thing to note, the build qualilty is different to the material use. IE the build quality is top notch, however the back plate is plastic and I can understand why as it keeps the weight down. I have no problem as everything clicks in place.

The screen is brilliant, bright and with high res, easy on the eye.

It is very light compare to the Streak

I am basically concurring with everything that jonnybruce mentioned above.

It is fast, very fast and the web browsing is perfect.

OK, my final thought is that it doesn't matter how much you love the Streak, the Streak life is OVER. You cannot go back to the Streak once you use the Galaxy Note.

my new id now is AUSNOTE :)

Edited by austreaker

Guest Azurren

Sounds good ;)

Although I'll probably down-size, I don't really notice the size difference between the Galaxy S2 and the Streak (I think that gorgeous screen has something to do with it)

If the note were cheaper then yes, defiantly!

Guest alert_bri

I'm thinking the bigger the better, only limited by the ability to carry in a pocket. Looking forward to a future with foldable display technology.

Cheers Brian

Guest WakeRider89

I'm thinking the bigger the better, only limited by the ability to carry in a pocket. Looking forward to a future with foldable display technology.

Cheers Brian

so we're going backwards in development to a flip phone rolleyes.gif

although it might save a few dropped device screens

Guest austreaker

so we're going backwards in development to a flip phone rolleyes.gif

although it might save a few dropped device screens

No flip but foldable/bendable phone.

I think we have reach limit of 5.3" that is pocketable.

So far the battery is great, getting 3 days before charge and did I mentioned that gorgeous screen, 5.3" high res

So much to test, so little time.

Gonna list my Streak on Ebay once I migrate the data across, any member interest msg me with a price, (include 4800mah mugen battery