Need new/replacment moterboard

Guest richardmlea

Guest richardmlea

As the title says I need a replacement motherboard as I have knackered my motherboard. I thought it was my LCD that was knackered but after testing a replacment I now know the motherboard is faulty. My fault, it happened when I unplugged the internal power connector while the tablet was running.

Someone was selling them on ebay a while ago but i cant find any for sale now. If you have one or know where I can get one I would be greatful.

Cheers

Richard

Edited by richardmlea

Guest richardmlea

I would consider buying a complete unit with a broken screen if anyone has one.

Where are all the clumsy "sat an my vega" posters?

help me im bored! Theres nothing on tele and I have completed MW3. :(

Edited by richardmlea

Guest Valjean

Hi,

Thank you for sharing your issue with the motherboard. I am going to open my beloved Vega to install spare speakers, an I,m gathering as much information as I can.

Regards.

Valjean

Guest richardmlea

Hi,

Thank you for sharing your issue with the motherboard. I am going to open my beloved Vega to install spare speakers, an I,m gathering as much information as I can.

Regards.

Valjean

Hi Valjean, Thanks for pointing that out that post for me. I forgot about that, He actually offered it to me for £90 a while ago but its not worth that much. The LCD I have cost me about £40 so it would cost me £130 for a vega with no gaurantee and I would still need to fit the screen. You can get a used one off ebay for about £150 and a refub for £170. I will email him and ask him for a more reasonable price.

Here is a link to my Strip down thread.

Hope its some help to you with your speakers.

Guest Valjean

Hi Valjean, Thanks for pointing that out that post for me. I forgot about that, He actually offered it to me for £90 a while ago but its not worth that much. The LCD I have cost me about £40 so it would cost me £130 for a vega with no gaurantee and I would still need to fit the screen. You can get a used one off ebay for about £150 and a refub for £170. I will email him and ask him for a more reasonable price.

Here is a link to my Strip down thread. http://android.modac..._1#entry1776539

Hope its some help to you with your speakers.

Hi,

Very useful your link, I had it in mind, because I,m a bit aware about how to open something that seems so fragile. It seems so easy to do something wrong....

The new speakers has been sent today from your england, but then I have to gather a bit of courage to do it.

Edited by Valjean

• 2 weeks later...

As the title says I need a replacement motherboard as I have knackered my motherboard. I thought it was my LCD that was knackered but after testing a replacment I now know the motherboard is faulty. My fault, it happened when I unplugged the internal power connector while the tablet was running.

Someone was selling them on ebay a while ago but i cant find any for sale now. If you have one or know where I can get one I would be greatful.

Cheers

Richard

Seeing as your m/b is kaput can you look to see whether or not it might be possible to replace the on-board memory chip for something a little more substantial?

any-one else got any thoughts on the subject of increasing on-board memory?

just a thought from a newbe

Guest IanTurner

Seeing as your m/b is kaput can you look to see whether or not it might be possible to replace the on-board memory chip for something a little more substantial?

Yeah don't do it unless you have a spare tablet to experiment on. Hand soldering surface mount with a high pin count is a mugs game as the odds of you not soldering two pins together are low. They have enough fun at my place of work replacing blown surface mount opto-isolators and they only have 4 pins !!!

Edited by IanTurner

Guest richardmlea

My vegas been apart more than its been together. Heres a stripdown thread I did with pictures of the main board.

Memory upgrade would be close to impossible but 512mb ram isnt that bad, it just requires clever memory managment. Corvus5 is perfectly happy with 512mb and vegacomb is getting there.

Guest richardmlea

"Charging Defibrillator"..... "Stand Clear"....."shocking in Three"....."Two"....."One".....Clear....^---^--^-^-^-^-^-^

"She's alive!" :P

Edited by richardmlea