Link2SD help needed!

Guest vkashin

Guest vkashin

Hi guys

Need help on Link2SD

I've been using my liquid metal for several months and it was awesome.. even without rooting

Last night there was a notification for update to gingerbread, and i went ahead with the update..

After the update my internal storage area became less than 20mb

I've gone ahead and rooted + created partition as given in http://168.site90.ne...quid-metal-s120

However when i try to create link for apps like Go SMS Pro i get the following message

"Failure

Link2SD could not gain root access

If you have root access make sure you respond 'allow' to Superuser promt"

However i have already allowed Link2SD for root access

Sorry this is my first time rooting and using Link2SD, and i couldn't find a work-about for it.. please help!

Thanks!

P/S : i'd appreciate any tips on how to increase/free up more internal storage space too. I dont use Social Jogger nor Docs To Go or urFooz. Is there a rom for android 2.3.6 based on GEN2 that's suitable for me (e.g bigger free internal storage space for my apps)

Guest whatisk

Are you using the latest version of SuperUser? I know when using the market version I had problems with some apps not gaining root access correctly.

I installed version 3.0.2 and haven't had any issues with it. Just need to make sure it doesn't autoupdate from the market. If it does, just uninstall the update.

Guest vkashin

yup i was using the latest version of SU from market. Turns out all it needed was for the application cache for SuperUser to be cleared under Settings>Applications>Manage applications