[HOWTO] Booting the Vega in USB host mode

Guest simonta

Guest simonta

Folks, happened to stumble onto this and thought it worth a post in it's own right - I believe there are many people who would like their Vegas to default to USB host mode. From Cass at Tabletroms:

Yes, you need to add a line to

/system/etc/vega_postboot.sh

that has the following

echo 1 > /sys/usbbus/host_mode

you can edit the vega_postboot.sh file with any text editor you like .. reboot and you'll be in host mode

hth

Cass

Edited by simonta

FYI..for me this doesn't work on VC3.2 HoneyIce 3.2.5x2 - I also have the BT and WLAN fix set to echo 1 in the script and none of them are wriiten after boot - all of them remain on 0....

Guest simonta

Did you edit vega_postboot.sh, then save, then re-open to check that your changes had stuck? Permissions?

What happens if you run the script in user land? Does it write then?

Edited by simonta

FYI..for me this doesn't work on VC3.2 HoneyIce 3.2.5x2 - I also have the BT and WLAN fix set to echo 1 in the script and none of them are wriiten after boot - all of them remain on 0....

Works for me on 2.5x2 .. i just added it to the bottom of that script and reboot, it kicked me out of adb shell on the way up and when i checked from the terminal on android it showed 1 as a value ...

# grep host_mode /system/etc/vega_postboot.sh

echo 1 > /sys/usbbus/host_mode

Thats what i have .. nothing more .. nothing less ...

# cat /sys/devices/platform/shuttle-pm-wlan/keep_on_in_suspend

# cat /sys/devices/platform/shuttle-pm-bt/keep_on_in_suspend

as you can see from above BT and WLAN echos also take on boot for me ... dunno whats up with yours ... check the permissions on the script as looking at the updater-script it sets perms to that postboot script to 544 ... mine are set to 644 ... not looked to see how its done ....

Doh .. as pointed out elsewhere 644 would have been wrong .. dream dream dream ... 544 should be fine .. doh !

Cass

Edited by Cass67

Did you edit vega_postboot.sh, then save, then re-open to check that your changes had stuck? Permissions?

What happens if you run the script in user land? Does it write then?

Yes and yes, if I run the script from Root Explorer it works.

Permissions: I've got Owner on Read Write Execute the other two on Read

Edited by Guest

I didnt want to do this as i have no way to test it as my LCD is broken but this should work.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TSJ84TTH

fingers crossed :unsure:

i downloaded cron4phone and set a job to run the modified vega_postboot.sh script on every boot...this works a treat and now boots in host mode, with wifi staying on in suspend and also turns the camera off.