block superuser and simular

Guest hugobosslives

Guest hugobosslives

basically my sister is planning on getting a blade (as far as i can see it is still one of best budget androids). long story short, she's never had a smart phone. and it will take her a while to learn android.

i am planning on unlocking, rooting and upgrading the blade for her. something like cm7 7.1 stable or BM 360 mix.

what do you reckon would be the best way of making sure she doesn't screw it up with root access.

the options i'm thinking:

1) leave it as mine. fully rooted and able to change everything.

2) remove root access completely (once on the 2.3 rom)

3) maybe is there some way of hiding the su app and automatically denying su requests? but leaving it all there so I can update it for her

4) trying to teach her about it (least preferable)

5) any other options?

cheers for your time. bear in mind that she is an adult but just not a techy person.

Guest fallenangel32

basically my sister is planning on getting a blade (as far as i can see it is still one of best budget androids). long story short, she's never had a smart phone. and it will take her a while to learn android.

i am planning on unlocking, rooting and upgrading the blade for her. something like cm7 7.1 stable or BM 360 mix.

what do you reckon would be the best way of making sure she doesn't screw it up with root access.

the options i'm thinking:

1) leave it as mine. fully rooted and able to change everything.

2) remove root access completely (once on the 2.3 rom)

3) maybe is there some way of hiding the su app and automatically denying su requests? but leaving it all there so I can update it for her

4) trying to teach her about it (least preferable)

5) any other options?

cheers for your time. bear in mind that she is an adult but just not a techy person.

i thing that the best way is to install a rom and put her accound settings,synchronize the phone,put her some new

apps and then make a backup with rom manager.and if she make something whrong you can just restore her phone

and if you install launcher pro there is an option is launcher settings to hide any app you want,but not the pop up window of superuser

In Superuser settings there is an option to automatically allow/deny new root requests, maybe that's what you'd want? This way you wouldn't have to root the phone again if it needed an update. Maybe hide Superuser from drawer after you've set the phone up.. just in case :)

Guest hugobosslives

Ho okie,

Was going to suggest Famigo Sandbox.... :P

Just kidding....

LauncherPro or was it ADW Ex, has the feature to hide an app from the drawer... :)

yer LP can do that. but it would still let her modify stuff. and if she changed launcher it would re-appear.

it's not so much seeing the app. as i can tell her not to use it. but removing the possibility of her mucking it up.

we both are at separate uni's so i cant fix it for her if she screws it up.

Guest hugobosslives

In Superuser settings there is an option to automatically allow/deny new root requests, maybe that's what you'd want? This way you wouldn't have to root the phone again if it needed an update. Maybe hide Superuser from drawer after you've set the phone up.. just in case :)

yes that is good. did not realise it had an always block setting. i thought it was only always allow.

this sounds like the best idea. cheers man

Guest Amphoras

yes that is good. did not realise it had an always block setting. i thought it was only always allow.

this sounds like the best idea. cheers man

If you don't need root access after the rom is flashed, you could always remove the su binary and apk from the zip before you flash it. Only problem with that it if you wanted root later, but you could just root it then if you needed it.

Guest hugobosslives

If you don't need root access after the rom is flashed, you could always remove the su binary and apk from the zip before you flash it. Only problem with that it if you wanted root later, but you could just root it then if you needed it.

yer. i dunno if i need to even bother taking it off anymore.

there's not much she could do to it. plus i could just make her a tpt to put on the sd if she says she badword it up.