Want to unlock your OMC / Skate? Tutorial here!

Guest tilal6991

Guest putbinoot

do you mean of the usb driver?

Yeah i think that will be the usb driver. Make sure you have correct one for your windows version and when installing keep your desktop in view with all windows minimized, when i had problems installing my drivers it was because there was a box asking to click ok to install but i could not see it for all the windows i had open. May be something as simple as that.

Guest putbinoot

Thank you guys!

Managed to unlock one OMC remotely - my friend bought one and took with him to Norway, no unlock method was available few weeks ago.

Today using this guide i managed to get him unlocked, rooted and have cyanogenmod installed! And everything remotely - I'm in North-East Scotland and he's in cold Oslo!

BTW i had some "fun" finding "android" driver for WinXP, also didn't succeed with QPST backup, however device connects to wireless network fine and works well!

where did you find driver and that happened to QPST.

no phone is recognised in QPST sorry if i am being really thick never done this before - i bought an omc back in late sept as i thought it would be an easy unlock, been waiting for this and now i can not do it lol! Please help guys i have windows vista downloaded links from the tutorial and googled searched the one it suggested

Edited by omc3g

Guest xiaoyaoswim

no phone is recognised in QPST sorry if i am being really thick never done this before - i bought an omc back in late sept as i thought it would be an easy unlock, been waiting for this and now i can not do it lol! Please help guys i have windows vista downloaded links from the tutorial and googled searched the one it suggested

Please find previous posts about the QPST Configuration part to add a port for you phone.

Guest putbinoot

do you mean of the usb driver?

Also make sure when you plug phone into pc usb debugging is turned on so it detects phone and not sd card. Phone settings,Applications,Development, tick use-debugging.

Also make sure when you plug phone into pc usb debugging is turned on so it detects phone and not sd card. Phone settings,Applications,Development, tick use-debugging.

I have debugging on already i can not see a tab in qpst to edit port i have 2.7 build 366 has anyone done a screen shot tutorial totally lost now :(

Guest putbinoot

Go to page 14 of this thread and read how i had to do QPST as it is different from page one, ie, start qpst with QPST- configuration not software download.

Guest putbinoot

If you want to try QPST again try this as it was giving me lots of errors and failed to back up until I tried this method. 1 Stock recovery on phone.(sorry your phone is stock so move on to 2)2 Boot into FTM and once in that mode put battery back in. 3 Start QPST configuration - in ports tab click add new port and pick the usb one that is your phone - in IP Server tab tick (accept client connections) go to top and select start clients - software download. 4 on new window got to backup tab then browse in line with the drop down list, in new window at bottom filename just type in there backup and at the top were it says save in select somewhere you can find it then click start, once finished. 5 open saved "backup" file with xv132 - file -open (locate file) then click search - find and in hex string type 11 22 33 44 55 66 then ok then search - replace and 11 22 33 44 55 66 should be in the top hex box and put your mac in bottom hex box and click replace all -save. 6 Back with QPST click restore tab browse to file you just edited -select - ok then start. 7 once finished pull out usb cable boot phone.

Edited by putbinoot

If you want to try QPST again try this as it was giving me lots of errors and failed to back up until I tried this method. 1 Stock recovery on phone. 2 Boot into FTM and once in that mode put battery back in. 3 Start QPST configuration - in ports tab click add new port and pick the usb one that is your phone - in IP Server tab tick (accept client connections) go to top and select start clients - software download. 4 on new window got to backup tab then browse in line with the drop down list, in new window at bottom filename just type in there backup and at the top were it says save in select somewhere you can find it then click start, once finished. 5 open saved "backup" file with xv132 - file -open (locate file) then click search - find and in hex string type 11 22 33 44 55 66 then ok then search - replace and 11 22 33 44 55 66 should be in the top hex box and put your mac in bottom hex box and click replace all -save. 6 Back with QPST click restore tab browse to file you just edited -select - ok then start. 7 once finished pull out usb cable boot phone.

Ignore the step 1(it's highlighted) because you already have the Stock Recovery. ;)

Edited by D3abL3

Guest putbinoot

:( QPST don't recognize my SFR SKATE (STARADDICT)

Did you start QPST using "software download" if you did start by using "QPST Configuration"

With debugging turned on.

like this- Start QPST configuration - in ports tab click add new port and pick the usb one that is your phone - in IP Server tab tick (accept client connections) go to top and select start clients - software download.

and continue with process.

Guest magikstar29

Did you start QPST using "software download" if you did start by using "QPST Configuration"

With debugging turned on.

like this- Start QPST configuration - in ports tab click add new port and pick the usb one that is your phone - in IP Server tab tick (accept client connections) go to top and select start clients - software download.

and continue with process.

ok i'm going to test this

edit : it's good !! Many Thanks :D

Edited by magikstar29

Guest weaversbrook

Am I right in thinking having read the thread that the wifi fix is now in the tutorial ie it automatically fixes the wifi now??? or do I still need to do it after unlocking??? Thanks slowly getting my head round it will have a go soon.

Hi thank you for this tutorial and for all the contributions on this forum. I used to have a Blade (which I managed to root last year) and now I bought an OMC but I am struggling with unlock.

This is a STRAIGHT OUT OF THE BOX OMC and I got as far as

9. Click "Backup" on the utility and choose where to save the "QCN" file ---> I saved it to my desktop

Now when I go into my Downloads/Unlock folder and click on the "download.exe" the application runs but I can't click start. The OSF Flasher (which pops up) when I click the "download.exe" tells me that "This software will upgrade your cellphone... etc" but the "Start" button does not look active button (I click but nothing happens).

My phone is in FTM mode and I have put the battery back in. I am not in debugging mode though (should I be at this point? - As the phone is in FTM I can't put it into debugging also, so I guess not...) What am I doing wrong? Would appreciate some help, please.

Edited by Itted

Guest putbinoot

Am I right in thinking having read the thread that the wifi fix is now in the tutorial ie it automatically fixes the wifi now??? or do I still need to do it after unlocking??? Thanks slowly getting my head round it will have a go soon.

Wifi fix is part of tutorial.

Guest putbinoot

Hi thank you for this tutorial and for all the contributions on this forum. I used to have a Blade (which I managed to root last year) and now I bought an OMC but I am struggling with unlock.

This is a STRAIGHT OUT OF THE BOX OMC and I got as far as

9. Click "Backup" on the utility and choose where to save the "QCN" file ---> I saved it to my desktop

Now when I go into my Downloads/Unlock folder and click on the "download.exe" the application runs but I can't click start. The OSF Flasher (which pops up) when I click the "download.exe" tells me that "This software will upgrade your cellphone... etc" but the "Start" button does not look active button (I click but nothing happens).

My phone is in FTM mode and I have put the battery back in. I am not in debugging mode though (should I be at this point? - As the phone is in FTM I can't put it into debugging also, so I guess not...) What am I doing wrong? Would appreciate some help, please.

Only thing I would try is shutting down qpst before you run the download.exe. part.

Only thing I would try is shutting down qpst before you run the download.exe. part.

Thank you so much for your quick response putbinoot! Now I can run it! :)

And... I have managed to unlock! :) :) :)

Edited by Itted

Guest hotrocks72

Ive successfully unlocked phone thanks to xiaoyaoswim and tilal6991 for the tutorial. Everything seems to be working ok including wifi but I have noticed in the settings - about phone - status - my phone number, wi-fi mac address and bluetooth address are all unavailable. Is there any fixes for this

Edit - turned bluetooth on and it now has an address

Edited by hotrocks72

Guest putbinoot

Ive successfully unlocked phone thanks to xiaoyaoswim and tilal6991 for the tutorial. Everything seems to be working ok including wifi but I have noticed in the settings - about phone - status - my phone number, wi-fi mac address and bluetooth address are all unavailable. Is there any fixes for this

Edit - turned bluetooth on and it now has an address

Yeah you have to turn on wifi and Bluetooth for them yo show up, as for phone number I dont have it but I think that's giffgaff thing.

Erm... my WiFi doesn't seems to work now. It goes from scanning to disconnected to scanning to disconnected.

My selected WiFi network goes from authenticating to remembered to disabled, then starts again.

There is a Wi-Fi MAC address showing though...

Edited by Itted